Just a note about the forum catagories.

I know of one so far, let's see if more show up.

Moderator: MudBug

Just a note about the forum catagories.

Postby MudBug » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:02 pm

I just noticed tonight that a very large number of 450b reloading topics have actually been posted in the general reloading area.

That's not a huge deal, but it makes the info harder for others to find later if they are looking. So please, when posting think about the sub-forum (Section) you think best applies to the topic. If it pertains only to the 450b then please post in the 450b reloading section, if it's about reloading the 6.5x55SE or 223, or 357 mag then please post in the general reloading forum.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal, but it will make it easier for others later when they want to find information.

Thanks
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Re: Just a note about the forum catagories.

Postby wildcatter » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:34 pm

MudBug wrote:I just noticed tonight that a very large number of 450b reloading topics have actually been posted in the general reloading area.

That's not a huge deal, but it makes the info harder for others to find later if they are looking. So please, when posting think about the sub-forum (Section) you think best applies to the topic. If it pertains only to the 450b then please post in the 450b reloading section, if it's about reloading the 6.5x55SE or 223, or 357 mag then please post in the general reloading forum.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal, but it will make it easier for others later when they want to find information.

Thanks

Mudder, thanks for the tip. I was also wondering about that and if we were creating a problem down the line. Keep reminding me/us about this and other problems. We're starting to get a bunch of guys and all the data will have to be repeated from time to time, which is our job, that is, don't get frustrated when a question is asked and you know it has been answered before, just answer is with confidence and respect, we were a Cheechakos once..t

Cheechako, I've used this term a few times and it comes from my PH days in Alaska. Who among you is going to win the 2010 Super-Duper-Pooper-Scooper Award for finding out what the term means..wink..t

And what's a Super-Duper-Pooper-Scooper http://pigstore.stores.yahoo.net/worbessuppoo.html

Hey, I'm having fun today..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MudBug » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:38 pm

I moved the biggest threads last night to the right forum. No big deal it only took about 10 minutes, I'm glad I got it now.

I have no idea what a Cheechako is.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby btfsc » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Welcome to Alaska, cheechako!

If that's the greeting you get up north, don't be insulted. In Alaska and the Canadian Yukon, cheechako means nothing more sinister than "newcomer" or "tenderfoot," a stage you will outgrow if you stay around. The harsh climate and terrain of Alaska do make greater demands on newcomers than the Lower 49, and perhaps that is why there is a special northern word for them.
btfsc

Postby Jim in Houston » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:14 pm

I thought Cheechako was Inuit for Kimosabi.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Archie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:20 pm

I thought a Cheechako was what you got when you wrapped Mr. Marin in a hard corn flour shell. :lol:
Archie

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 pm

On the new forum layout, where do I go to find recent posts? It used to be (I think) on the front page, but I can't find it now.

These are the posts added since the last time I logged on.
Jim in Houston

Postby MudBug » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:On the new forum layout, where do I go to find recent posts? It used to be (I think) on the front page, but I can't find it now.

Top left, it will say something about New Posts.

The Portal you are used to will be installed soon.
Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Jim in Houston » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:35 am

MudBug wrote:
Jim in Houston wrote:On the new forum layout, where do I go to find recent posts? It used to be (I think) on the front page, but I can't find it now.

I don't see anything at the top left, just "Board Index" and "User Control Panel" below it. If the old Portal with the Front Page panel will be coming, I will just use the index sorted by date and check the dates of the last post until then.

Thanks for undertaking this work for the forum - and what's wrong with "baby blue" - OK, so it's not camo.
Jim in Houston

Postby MudBug » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:
MudBug wrote:

I don't see anything at the top left, just "Board Index" and "User Control Panel" below it. If the old Portal with the Front Page panel will be coming, I will just use the index sorted by date and check the dates of the last post until then.

Thanks for undertaking this work for the forum - and what's wrong with "baby blue" - OK, so it's not camo.

Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Next

Return to Bolt Action Rifles