R&D

T/C Encore in 450b anyone?

Moderator: MudBug

Re: R&D

Postby 2zero6 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:23 pm

MudBug wrote:Oh crap, a 10.5" would be a hoot.

Exactly what I was thinking.....gonna be an AR pistol setup, and maybe later down the road I'll pony up the $200 to Uncle Sam to make an SBR setup. Think I might have them thread the muzzle for the .458 5/8-24 thread and go Smith Vortex route. I believe the AR-10 shares the same thread as well, so all I would have to do is drill out a .308 Flash hider to 1/2" if I felt like changing it. Hopefully the other tuneable compensator comes to fruition for my 16" .450.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby wildcatter » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:28 pm

MOUNTIN DU wrote:I just ran 4 rds of 450b into and through my model 444S with NO problems... plenty of room and just the right capacity! The tube O.D. is .650". My son has my 45-70 Marlin so I'm not sure if the tube is the same!

Hey Du, when you say you ran them through, did you mean you ran them through the system to the chamber? I was wondering if the magazine stop worked or if I'd have to enlarge it or maybe install one meant for one of their other cartridges. If I have too I'll use the extractor, assuming it'll work, from the Marlin 308 or I'll have to rework the orginal. But I was wondering what the term "ran" actually meant. I'm just trying to get a foot up before I buy one. Looks like it'll be one of their SS/444's, unless you guys convince me to convert one of their other rigs. I plan to install one of their Big Loop Levers on the rifle and I love the Williams "Fool Proof" and it's so much better than what they are currently using with a ghost ring aperture and of course it'll have to have some kind of optics. What's the general opinion about putting a Picatinny Rail on this creation, triggers, Tooty-Fruity Colors etc? Common, how about some more Opinions, I'll offer this as a custom conversion and as it's never been done, you can have it any way you want it..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby thebrassnuckles » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:58 am

What kid of loss of velocity would you be looking at with a barrel length of say... 7.5" :mrgreen:
thebrassnuckles

Postby 2zero6 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:20 pm

MudBug wrote:Oh crap, a 10.5" would be a hoot.

Well I finally committed 4-8 weeks. :D
Attachments
10.5bushmaster.jpg
10.5 barrel
10.5bushmaster.jpg (38.09 KiB) Viewed 30055 times
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby LlindeX » Sun May 13, 2012 10:27 pm

Wildcatter,

Have you talked to anyone at Rossi about the possibilities of one of their new model Rossi Circuit Judge type rifles in the 450B/410ga instead of the 45LC/410ga they are offering now? With the moon clips you were talking about, doesn't it look like it would be easy enough to do? I don't know what max. pressure their rated for, but the existing cylinder will handle a 21/2" 410ga shotgun shells or 45LC. I know that model is presently selling like hotcakes, and dealers sell them out faster than they can get them in. :idea:
Ask a Syrian why his gun rights are so important !
Then, ask yourself why any Politician really wants to take our's away !!!
LlindeX

Postby wildcatter » Mon May 14, 2012 7:43 am

LlindeX wrote:Wildcatter,

Have you talked to anyone at Rossi about the possibilities of one of their new model Rossi Circuit Judge type rifles in the 450B/410ga instead of the 45LC/410ga they are offering now? With the moon clips you were talking about, doesn't it look like it would be easy enough to do? I don't know what max. pressure their rated for, but the existing cylinder will handle a 21/2" 410ga shotgun shells or 45LC. I know that model is presently selling like hotcakes, and dealers sell them out faster than they can get them in. :idea:

There are "Things" in the wind..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Mon May 14, 2012 8:42 am

Wildcatter: Speaking of R&D, has Mossberg ever fessed up one of their MVP bolt guns with the AR-type magazine? I've contacted them several times about announcing that model 18 months ago, and then not shipping any product...seems a deceptive business practice, or at least poor public relations.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Tue May 15, 2012 6:12 am

commander faschisto wrote:Wildcatter: Speaking of R&D, has Mossberg ever fessed up one of their MVP bolt guns with the AR-type magazine? I've contacted them several times about announcing that model 18 months ago, and then not shipping any product...seems a deceptive business practice, or at least poor public relations.

CF,

I just "Heard", that it's on now.."Heard"..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby wildcatter » Tue May 15, 2012 6:26 am

OK, I just did a Google and Did-In-Fact turn up some positive results. Here's one of three I saw on GunBroker.com

..t

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =286640241
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby commander faschisto » Tue May 15, 2012 9:01 am

OMG...a gun company shipping product!!! And, they said it couldn't be done!!! :D

On the flip side, I've recently run across more than one internet retailer who has posted a home page notice to buyers that they are NOT taking backorders for anything from several major players in the industry, due to, as they put it, "the constant bullshit" from the manufacturers. I thought that was a refreshingly honest assessment of their situation! :o
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols