450b Pistol Picture Thread.

T/C Encore in 450b anyone?

Moderator: MudBug

450b Pistol Picture Thread.

Postby MudBug » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:39 pm

This could be a cool one. Show them off.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Re: 450b Pistol Picture Thread.

Postby talonxracer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:47 pm

I was trying to have a barrel made in 450B for my Encore, but they dont make a rifle length in 454 casull, which is about the only option as far as having the barrel rechambered when i contacted Bellm T/C, but a handgun length is available and would be awesome.
talonxracer

Postby MudBug » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:54 pm

talonxracer wrote:I was trying to have a barrel made in 450B for my Encore, but they dont make a rifle length in 454 casull, which is about the only option as far as having the barrel rechambered when i contacted Bellm T/C, but a handgun length is available and would be awesome.

Have you tried Match Grade Machine?, I have one of their 12" 6.5 Grendel barrels for my encore pistol
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby halfslow » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:04 am

I spoke with the owner of MGM at a gunshow recently. He had one of his 454 Casull 24 inch Encore barrels on the table for sale. The finish looked as good as one of those TC Collector Association barrels: flawless.

I asked him about chambering the .452 tubes for the 450 BM. He said he had not gotten any requests for them yet. But if he determined that there was enough interest, he would be glad to do so.

At this time, I can't decide whether a 9 inch or an 18 inch barrel would be more fun.

In either case, a new MGM barrel would be a beauty.
halfslow

Postby wildcatter » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Hopefully by late this next spring I will have a revolver up and running and of course you guys will get first taste at that apple. It is on my plate, on the short list of things to do. Question? What should be the barrel length and why, help me make this decision? For myself, it'd be, say 2.5"-3", for emergency work, and too, so that I could wear it on my chest with a back-pack on and it'd still be highly accessible for social work with ornery Cow Moose and the like, leaving the rifle for the more serious exercises.
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bushmeister » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:48 pm

Personally, I'd like to see a 6"+ barrel for dispatching ornery 12-15ft gators and such! requires a little more accuracy than cow moose....well not required, but preferred. 8-)
bushmeister

Postby wildcatter » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:12 pm

bushmeister wrote:Personally, I'd like to see a 6"+ barrel for dispatching ornery 12-15ft gators and such! requires a little more accuracy than cow moose....well not required, but preferred. 8-)

Ok, Ok, keep them coming guys. BM makes a good point, if the rifle is not the primary weapon, then a longer barrel is more appropriate. From that point of view a 5-6" barrel is also for me...Help me make up my mind..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:39 pm

:? not to complicate things... but my 4 5/8" upgraded Blackhawk is VERY carry friendly 8-) the blast from a 450BM is gonna be nasty :twisted:
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:16 am

Make it like a Dan Wesson with interchangable barrels!! ;)
Al in Mi

Postby wildcatter » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:16 am

Al in Mi wrote:Make it like a Dan Wesson with interchangable barrels!! ;)

Yup, I keep bugging CZ-USA at the SHOT, they built it last and have all the tooling, but have no idea if they'll ever build it again..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Next

Return to Pistols