450b Pistol Picture Thread.

T/C Encore in 450b anyone?

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450b Pistol Picture Thread.

Postby wildcatter » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:11 pm

GN, I received your phone message and you restate here what you are talking about. Yes, for experimental purposes one could definitely use some sort of "C" clip and this is another good idea you've come up with again, one I've also used in the past.

Wheel guns shooting my rimless cases is something I have done for years, the first being a 45win-mag in what was originally a 45 Colt Anaconda, to be a mate for my 45WM; M-1 Carbine Conversions and the C-Clip thing was an eye opener in the experimental phases. After proving the concept, I indeed was able to use the std-military six round 45acp moon clips and still shoot the 45 colt out of the same chambers, talk about versatility!
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby gunnut » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Thanks! I'm glad to hear the concept does work... Maybe you could leave them on and just change the shell holder for reloading?
gunnut

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Just throwing out some thoughts here;
As a back up gun, I agree with making it a double action. Also, since I would use it as back up for the rifle, and I am used to using .45 ACP Gov. model, I am thinking a 5" or 6" barrel would suffice ? , but I also don't know what the over all size would be on a .450b revolver.

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Taurus The Judge?
Oh, and there are still no pictures....LOL!!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:42 pm

wildcatter wrote:GN, I received your phone message and you restate here what you are talking about. Yes, for experimental purposes one could definitely use some sort of "C" clip and this is another good idea you've come up with again, one I've also used in the past.

Wheel guns shooting my rimless cases is something I have done for years, the first being a 45win-mag in what was originally a 45 Colt Anaconda, to be a mate for my 45WM; M-1 Carbine Conversions and the C-Clip thing was an eye opener in the experimental phases. After proving the concept, I indeed was able to use the std-military six round 45acp moon clips and still shoot the 45 colt out of the same chambers, talk about versatility!

If you're familier with the concept of loom knitting ( don't ask me how I know this ) - imagine a loom with 5 pegs, and doing the "e" wrap, but with a strong / thin wire instead of yarn. Then perhaps a spot weld where the ends of the wire finally finish a complete go around of the 5 pegs of "e" wraps.

If such wire loops were spring tempered correctly, then squeezing the whole wire affair inward with your hand would cause the individual "e" loops to widen enough to insert rounds into them. Releasing the inward pressure would cause the "e" wraps to constrict into the brass casings extractor grooves. This might be an easy and inexpensive solution to custom moon clips.

Such a spring wire arrangement might even allow the loaded rounds to fit into a speed loader. I imagine the wire loops could just hug the sides of the brass casings until the speed loader pushed the rounds through it and into the cylinder.

Finally, when finished shooting, the ejector would have the "e" wrapped wire to push on for simultaneous extraction of the rounds.

Bill
BillytheKid

Postby BillytheKid » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:17 pm

My new baby! Hoping to save enough money for the .450 conversion when it becomes available:

BillytheKid

Postby wildcatter » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:47 pm

BillytheKid wrote:My new baby! Hoping to save enough money for the .450 conversion when it becomes available:

[ http://i39.tinypic.com/9jqcdw.jpg ]

There's our Billy!!!

I was shooting one of those, yesterday, at 200yds. Pretty simple to keep them in the black!!

You gona love that rig!! Might want to get some kind of Recoil Reduction Glove (Here's but one choice - http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.com/p ... ing-gloves). They will usually add a little weight on the backside of your shooting hand, and they work, especially for those long, arduous, Range-Days.

Now, go and kill something interesting..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BillytheKid » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:43 pm

wildcatter wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:My new baby! Hoping to save enough money for the .450 conversion when it becomes available:

[ http://i39.tinypic.com/9jqcdw.jpg ]

There's our Billy!!!

I was shooting one of those, yesterday, at 200yds. Pretty simple to keep them in the black!!

You gona love that rig!! Might want to get some kind of Recoil Reduction Glove (Here's but one choice - http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.com/p ... ing-gloves). They will usually add a little weight on the backside of your shooting hand, and they work, especially for those long, arduous, Range-Days.

Now, go and kill something interesting..

..t

But first, and most important, I have to think of a name!

My friends say I might want to try to keep it in the Disney theme like I have with Thumper and Tinkerbell...maybe Flower, Belle, or even Maleficent.

A funny one would be - Baby Huey! LOL

Any suggestions?
BillytheKid

Postby Hoot » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Stump Thumper ;)

My brother in law has a .460 S&W. Way to much energy for my taste. Shot it once. That was enough. My comped .44 Mag is about all I can take.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby doorgunner69 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Geez, If someone whould build a 450 pistol, then we could use our 450 Bushmasters to hunt in shotgun country, the deal in my state is you can hunt pistol calibers in the same place you hunt with a shotgun and muzzle loaders. So, if they made the istol, it would be legal to hunt with the 450 rifle. hurry up and build the 450 pistol someone!!
doorgunner69

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols