*Hello to all our new members*

T/C Encore in 450b anyone?

Moderator: MudBug

Re: *Hello to all our new members*

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:32 pm

Welcome to the 450 community. Ammunition is getting easier to find on line at a little over $1 per round - see for example, https://ammoseek.com/ammo/450-bushmaster.

I suggest buying a couple of boxes to generate brass for reloading, rather than buying new brass. It will also help to evaluate how the gun shoots, without putting any reloading variable in play. As you can find out on this forum, a good basic load is 38 gr of Hodgden Lil Gun and 250 or 225 gr .452 FTX bullets, or their equivalent. Midway will occasionally sell "blems" with these specs, and they are very good value. Primers are a personal preference. I use Winchester Small Rifle; performance may be marginally enhanced with other brands. Most people use Hornady dies and omit the expander die (not needed) and taper crimp only.

Here are some bullets - https://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=450+bushmaster+bullets&userItemsPerPage=48.

Here's a link to Midways blemished bullet page, but 450's are not currently listed - https://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=Blemished+bullets&userItemsPerPage=48.

Hope this helps. There is a lot of info on this forum. Don't be afraid to ask.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Jimmy Valentine » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks for the welcome and the tips. Currently working on chronograph issues, then will be poking around all over in here in the coming weeks and months, as I dig out and set up all my stored equipment and supplies. Been awhile, but those neural pathways are starting to warm back up as I'm thinking about this. I am already formulating a couple questions, and will ask if I don't find the answers.

JV
Jimmy Valentine

Postby swampbug » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:16 pm

I am new here. Heard a lot about you guys from a Fiend in Mi. Said this is the place for 450 Bushmasters
swampbug

Postby DocS » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:36 am

Hi all,

I'm a noobi here :D
Not new to firearms or the AR platform 5.56, 5.45x39, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Creedmoor, 308, 45 ACP and now 450 Bushmaster.
Like many here, I'm a Military Veteran, Corpsman (Marine Corps Medic).
I recently picked up a BearCreek 18 inch upper and a Palmetto Carbine lower.
I'm planning on mounting a 1x6 Millet DMS.
I haven't been hunting in a few years, but hope to shoot some pigs later in the year.

It looks like finding good mags has been one of the main issues for this cartridge. I'm planning on getting a couple AR-Stoner mags from Midway this morning.

When I get the mags, I'll head out to the range and test her out!

Blessings all,
DocS
Unique Bluetooth Audio Delivery Systems!
Bluetooth Ammo-Can, Bluetooth Cigar Box and Bluetooth Liquor Bottles
https://creativedesignaudio.com
DocS

Postby 2bitRick » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:51 am

Thanks for the welcome. I'm new to 450 Bushmaster (2 mos). Love this gun.Just finished my first 60 reloads yesterday.
2bitRick

Postby 303hunter » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:02 pm

Hello,
New to the 450, but have AR’s in 5.56, 6.8, and 7.62x39 that I assembled. I’m currently collecting parts to build my first 450, and I’m looking forward to learning from all here.

Raymond
303hunter

Postby LeaderOfThePack » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 am

Hi, and thanks for those kind words.

I was searching net and looking for info about short .45 rifles. Purpose is to carry it in bushes when hunting Moose with my dog, so I try to keep weight of it under 9lbs (with red dot and silencer). Then came across 450b and tried to get some info about it from here, Finland. No luck. Maybe best advice I did get: Make 458winmag for your short bush gun.. Seems that 458 SOCOM and 50 Beowulf are more popular, even that you can't get factory made cartridges for those at all.
I've been reading this forum few days and today made my application to get buying licence for .45 rifle. For a long time I was thinking between 45-70 and this, but because I make my own ammo (except shotgun) and can get all benefts from longer chamber of Ruger American, I decided for it and paid reservation money just about 2 hours ago. As far as I know, it was last one in Finland and they're getting more next spring.
LeaderOfThePack

Postby Blueshep626 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:34 pm

Hello all, I have had a. 450 Bushmaster for about three years so I'm not new to the the round, I just wanted to here from other folks who enjoy the 450.
Blueshep626

Postby warthog984 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello,

Hi from Ohio. This is my first post. I have been rummaging through post on here for a couple weeks now. I am sure I have have a bunch of questions in the near future. I recently purchase a Ruger American Ranch in 450 Bushmaster. I cant wait to take a deer with it. I have been shooting 45-70 suppressed for a couple years but the my Marlin is heavy compared to the Ruger. I got the 450 BM itch now. I want to do an AR in 450BM. I think I want to go the pistol route.
warthog984

Postby Rivercityjeff » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:39 am

Howdy from Texas...Michigan too.
Seldom am I impressed with "new" calibers. As a hunter in Germany we all wanted the "perfect" caliber to shoot all 3 species of deer, fox, boars, and sheep/goats. Most folks found the .30.06 or .308 fit the bill.

Found the forum, found a post about RK Farms with a Ruger MPR for $699 and have one on order.

Waidmannsheil! (Good luck hunting in German)
Last edited by Rivercityjeff on Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rivercity Jeff
<><
Round Rock, Donut Capitol of Texas
Rivercityjeff

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols