.450 Bushmaster AR pistol

T/C Encore in 450b anyone?

Moderator: MudBug

Re: .450 Bushmaster AR pistol

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:48 pm

I work for a local parts store as a side gig so I got a nice set of Irwin's for 10% over cost also a set of Dewalt stepped pilot points for the same deal. The Irwin's are m42 cobalt and the Dewalt's list:
Gold Ferous Oxide Drill Bits
Drill Bit Material Application : Stainless Steel, Abrasive Metal & Alloys

Thanks for the heads up guys!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby wildcatter » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:17 pm

2zero6 wrote:I work for a local parts store as a side gig so I got a nice set of Irwin's for 10% over cost also a set of Dewalt stepped pilot points for the same deal. The Irwin's are m42 cobalt and the Dewalt's list:
Gold Ferous Oxide Drill Bits
Drill Bit Material Application : Stainless Steel, Abrasive Metal & Alloys

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Ok, these are good as long as they are the "Numbered" size drills. Just to be sure we are on the same page and for some of the other guys reading this thread... There are Metric drills and SAE drills. In SAE, there are three size ranges, there are Fractional Drills, which are of course measured in Fractions. Then there are Letter Drills, as in "A" through "Z" and they have a corresponding decimal size relating to them. And then there are the Numbered Drills, that also have a Decimal Designation for each and are stepped rather closely to each other, These are the Drills we are most interested in and we want to buy them in a set, sometimes called a Drill Index. The reason we want a complete index, is because we don't know what size we need, but in the "Numbered" Drill Index, there WILL be one, that is the right one. It is our task to find it, make the system work properly and assuring the timing, that recoil is manageable, and isn't ripping off the rims. For now, I only want you to digest, that we can do this, and then we'll get into specifics, and after you've learned them, you'll teach these guys what you learned, and be able to help someone yourself, because you've now received super knowledge, on the mysteries of the M16 system, and will understand what others are trying to figure out..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 2zero6 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:35 pm

There was another post on this board that said to add 450 to the end of a part number and they would send the .40 version. I called to verify this as well as order a upper reciever with the factory lettering and was informed that the previously stated information was incorrect and that if it is for a .450 and not on their online catalog it needs to be called in. Part number VUR-45 is for a .450 upper reciever (includ. F/A, factory .450 laser printing, and dust cover) price $190.00 before shipping.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
2zero6

Postby ajc451 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:43 am

2zero6,
I was wondering how your pistol project was going? I'm from Washington also and have thought about making a 10.5" pistol to go with my 16" and 20" rifles.
Thanks.
ajc451
ajc451

Postby 2zero6 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:55 am

ajc451 wrote:2zero6,
I was wondering how your pistol project was going? I'm from Washington also and have thought about making a 10.5" pistol to go with my 16" and 20" rifles.
Thanks.
ajc451

Still waiting on the barrel. Hopefully soon though.
2zero6

Postby wildcatter » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:15 am

2zero6 wrote:
ajc451 wrote:2zero6,
Thanks.
ajc451

Still waiting on the barrel. Hopefully soon though.

Any idea what's the hold up on the Barrel is?..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 2zero6 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:33 pm

I need to call Adam, I have been pretty busy lately. I'll get it done this week for sure.
2zero6

Postby wildcatter » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:05 pm

2zero6 wrote:I need to call Adam, I have been pretty busy lately. I'll get it done this week for sure.

I'm just anise to help you get that Bad-Boy up and running..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby ajc451 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:24 pm

I sent them an e-mail requesting a quote on a 10.5" and a 24" SS barrel three days ago. Still no reply.
ajc451

Postby wildcatter » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:18 pm

ajc451 wrote:I sent them an e-mail requesting a quote on a 10.5" and a 24" SS barrel three days ago. Still no reply.

Hey Big Al, did you get my PM? I can't tell if it left here or not..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols