Load Data

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Load Data

Postby simpleman » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Okay
I have seen the post explaining how to modify the case. I will work on getting one and modifying it. It looks like you thinned the crimp down to a narrower crimp.
simpleman

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=95

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=685

I had mine custom made, as I don't have the tooling. But there are a couple of guys out there who can talk you through it. Yes, I had it thinned down.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby simpleman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:10 pm

I have the drill press and dremel. I will have to find the case. 300 win mag I think. I also know a guy with a lathe he makes darts on. He should be able to cut the die for me if needed. The thinning looks easy enough to.
Thanks for the links!
simpleman

Postby wildcatter » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:52 pm

simpleman wrote:I have the drill press and dremel. I will have to find the case. 300 win mag I think. I also know a guy with a lathe he makes darts on. He should be able to cut the die for me if needed. The thinning looks easy enough to.
Thanks for the links!

If you are a little creative a drill press and a Dremel is all your going to need , to do a fine job making a LeGendre Side Crimp, don't-cha love the sound of that and I bet LeGendre looks like Brad Pitt too, well, um, maybe more like Shemp Howard..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby simpleman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:38 pm

"LeGendre "Sounds sophisticated for a bunch of guys loading something called "Thumper"!!
I think I can modify the LFCD.
I am hoping to come up with 2 loads out of all this. A good plinking round and a good Deer/Hog round. 2200 fps being a goal for the Deer/Hog bullet. Pass through to give a better blood trail if needed.

Any load data would be appreciated. Lil gun sounds like the powder to have but I am concerned about the heat issue I have read about.
Also I think I read somewhere where you were getting 2800 FPS. How do you do that? Also. What is the Kill Bullet?

I have a 20 Bushmaster upper and lower with Geissle 2 stage trigger with Ross Schuler Brake and a Thread Protector he made me for hunting. He does an awesome job for the price.
I have a Nikon Omega BDC now. Will be looking through a 2.5 x 50 Nikon Monarch BDC soon.
simpleman

Postby wildcatter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:38 pm

simpleman wrote:"LeGendre "Sounds sophisticated for a bunch of guys loading something called "Thumper"!!
I think I can modify the LFCD.
I am hoping to come up with 2 loads out of all this. A good plinking round and a good Deer/Hog round. 2200 fps being a goal for the Deer/Hog bullet. Pass through to give a better blood trail if needed.

Any load data would be appreciated. Lil gun sounds like the powder to have but I am concerned about the heat issue I have read about.
Also I think I read somewhere where you were getting 2800 FPS. How do you do that? Also. What is the Kill Bullet?

I have a 20 Bushmaster upper and lower with Geissle 2 stage trigger with Ross Schuler Brake and a Thread Protector he made me for hunting. He does an awesome job for the price.
I have a Nikon Omega BDC now. Will be looking through a 2.5 x 50 Nikon Monarch BDC soon.

You Prolly won't have an issue with lil-gun. The stories I see, are lil-gun and pistols. We here have shot tons, and I mean literally ""Tons"" of rounds, using l-gun, without negative results, unless, you're the target. Be sure to solve your crimping issues.

"Kill Bullet", it is a Mythological Bullet, that rides on Lighting Bolts. An over used term being, "Game Changer" applies to this bullet. We here at LeMAG, will regularly see .458 Win Mag energies +++, from a 450b!! The only kicker, is that I'm not ready to release it, which will happen in the spring/summer of this year, I hope. There are, however, some Caveats. One being, they won't be cheap, but then that will be the price of Thor's Hammer. I've been burning bullets that smoke by the .458wm, by margins of 10 to 12%. The "Kill Bullet" has technologies, that make it perform, like no other, but it will be more of a Professional's Bullet, again, because of expense, but if Raw Power is your gig and that the neighbor-hood "Grizzles" think, that you are their Gig, then you're going to want this bullet, Big Time. Imagine, a real, honest to goodness, no-nonsense, Elephant Gun, and it's a "Take-a-Licking-and keep-on-Ticking" AR-15!!..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby simpleman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:56 pm

The kill bullet sounds awesome. I would'nt mind paying a price for something like that. As long as it is accurate out of my gun. A bullet that out flies my shooting is what I like to shoot. I shoot at game 3 times a year if lucky. So 20 bullets a year would be the most I would need for hunting.
Right now I will have to settle for some good reloads.
simpleman

Postby tbirdman74 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:42 pm

Dis guy wildcatter sure likes to tease us, don't he? :shock:
Go big... or go home.
tbirdman74

Postby simpleman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:54 pm

Yes he does. Wonder what the Hammer Of Thor will cost us mear underlings?
simpleman

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:02 pm

simpleman wrote:Yes he does. Wonder what the Hammer Of Thor will cost us mear underlings?

I think GunNut is testing it now.....
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading for the 450b