Hornady's new bullets

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Hornady's new bullets

Postby Weapon of Choice » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 pm

BillytheKid wrote:Now, see, when I sent in the email form, asking specifically for non lead bullet in .450 bushmaster, they told me, in effect, 'wait til Dec 2010'

I am very disappointed.

Have you tried the Barnes 275 grain XPB ? I've loaded a few and they seem to have some promise. I need to get another box and shoot some more before I can say for sure. The last few I loaded grouped under an inch at 75 yards. I want to get the crimp a little tighter if I can and shoot some 100 groups over the chroney.

I have zero expectations for a factory loaded copper 450 round.
Weapon of Choice

Postby BillytheKid » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Weapon of Choice wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Now, see, when I sent in the email form, asking specifically for non lead bullet in .450 bushmaster, they told me, in effect, 'wait til Dec 2010'

I am very disappointed.

Have you tried the Barnes 275 grain XPB ? I've loaded a few and they seem to have some promise. I need to get another box and shoot some more before I can say for sure. The last few I loaded grouped under an inch at 75 yards. I want to get the crimp a little tighter if I can and shoot some 100 groups over the chroney.

I have zero expectations for a factory loaded copper 450 round.

I am not a re-loader, and have no equipment. I had specifically asked Hornady for it, and they said "wait till Dec", which made me think they were going to produce a factory non lead round for the .450.

I suppose I could just ignore the condor zone and hunt everywhere else? LOL

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Ok, boys....time to play with a new boolit: http://www.hornady.com/store/Sabots-Bullets-new

250gr, 0.452, polymer tip, gilding metal, lead-free.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby pitted bore » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:56 pm

c.f.-
Do you know of a supplier that has these in stock?

I checked a couple dozen online stores and they were all out of stock.

Thanks.

--Bob
pitted bore

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Sorry...I got suckered in by Hornady's claim that these things are actually available...seems its just another firearms industry phantom claim to gin up interest in their products without any actual product to buy. I sent them a flame-mail asking them why they persist in doing this crap, when all it accomplishes is to piss off millions of customers with their bogus product announcements (see also: Mossberg MVP rifles...). I guess the'll actually show up in another year or two..??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:28 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Sorry...I got suckered in by Hornady's claim that these things are actually available...seems its just another firearms industry phantom claim to gin up interest in their products without any actual product to buy. I sent them a flame-mail asking them why they persist in doing this crap, when all it accomplishes is to piss off millions of customers with their bogus product announcements (see also: Mossberg MVP rifles...). I guess the'll actually show up in another year or two..??? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hey Commander Fast and Furious..

I just talked to Hornady and they are sold out because, this is Hunting Season and the MZ guys have flooded them and wiped out their stocks and they can't keep up.

But they are about to box up a ton and ship them out, so you can call them and get'em pretty darn soon. Now you'll have to pay retail, but you'll have them. Or, you are going to have to stand inline at a wholesale outlet.

The Problem is the New product thing and everybody wants them and the Fact that "You" want them cheap, so good luck finding them cheap, cause everybody wants cheap and you are but one of ca-jillion, flooding the wholesale houses.

Sorry.

So enough with this kibitzing, but then again you are used to the life thing, right?

Or how about door number two. I asked them for Blems and they looking to see if they have any. I'm one of the few that can get them from H.

So, here's the deal, because somebody needs to dry your "Widow" tears, I'm going to ship you , 10,000 and a case of Spinach, and then you're going to have to eat both or we're sending you to your room..wink..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Ok...I'm all better now....glad someone can get good info occasionally...

And, I'm just heading straight to my room, 'cause that spinach thing just ain't happenin'.... :(
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:45 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Ok...I'm all better now....glad someone can get good info occasionally...

And, I'm just heading straight to my room, 'cause that spinach thing just ain't happenin'.... :(

What??? I had thoughts of you and Popeye as my Heros..

..t

Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:26 am

Calm down, there, Olive Oyl.... :)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Jim in Houston » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:21 am

Almost back to the topic, Hornady is out with their new (9th edition) Handbook of Cartridge Reloading for just under $30 - http://www.midwayusa.com/product/575530/product?cm_mmc=M_Spop-Email-_-Other-_-Other_111120129_1-_-Main%20Image&cm_mmca1=jmsjnk@earthlink.net&cm_mmca2=CustNum=102427040. Don't know if it adds any bullets to the 450 BM section or not. Anyone got a copy, please let us know.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading for the 450b