caution!!!! need some opinions

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: caution!!!! need some opinions

Postby LlindeX » Fri May 25, 2012 11:48 am

Heck Bushmeister,

Do like I do: Just give your hunting partner a leaky Bic Lighter and tell him/her to always carry it in a shirt pocket in case they get lost! Works every time!!! Just stay upwind of them and the critters' find 'em first. :lol:
Ask a Syrian why his gun rights are so important !
Then, ask yourself why any Politician really wants to take our's away !!!
LlindeX

Postby wildcatter » Fri May 25, 2012 8:57 pm

bushmeister wrote:I was planning on using the butane powered thermocell for mosquitos on my upcoming Alaska fishing trip, but after reading this thread, I think I'll stick with DEET!! :shock:

No, no, no, that's a good idea, use the Thermocell and I'll take out a multi-million policy on ya... "Hey, I'm just your little buddy and I'm here to help"..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri May 25, 2012 10:37 pm

I told yawl this was gonna get interesting...
:mrgreen:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Jeepejeep » Sat May 26, 2012 8:14 am

bushmeister wrote:I was planning on using the butane powered thermocell for mosquitos on my upcoming Alaska fishing trip, but after reading this thread, I think I'll stick with DEET!! :shock:

LOL! I guess butane must smell different than propane 'cause I used a Thermocell on my Maine bear hunt and had no problems. By the way, those things really work to keep bugs away!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby 1fullmag » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:14 am

I suppose you could save some trouble if could just find some ethyl mercaptan which is the odorant that they put in propane as a identifier because propane has no smell?
1fullmag

Postby LlindeX » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:38 pm

If you found the concentrated ethyl mercaptan you could buy, you wouldn't want to have it around. The closest thing to that smell is Rotten Eggs. It makes the skunk scent I use during archery elk season smell like daisies. :o
LlindeX

Postby Hoot » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:30 pm

LlindeX wrote:If you found the concentrated ethyl mercaptan you could buy, you wouldn't want to have it around. The closest thing to that smell is Rotten Eggs. It makes the skunk scent I use during archery elk season smell like daisies. :o

The human nose can detect mercaptan dispersed in the air to the tune of 20 parts per trillion. Yes, trillion. That's why they use it to make natural gas detectable to the nose.

Skunk can be detected at 10 parts per trillion. That why you can smell one skunk's spray a mile or more away when you're downwind.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby LlindeX » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:45 pm

I always said I couldn't imagine having a nose like my yellow lab. Heck Hoot, if the human nose can pick up a skunk's scent from a mile away, my lab must have smelled every skunk that sprayed between Denver and Reno.
LlindeX

Postby 1fullmag » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:31 pm

hoot,
if you smell propane the first week of sept. dont worry its prob just me bear hunting with ethyl.
1fullmag

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:54 pm

1fullmag...if Hoot can smell your ethyl, that means he's DOWNWIND of you,...and "something big" could be heading UPWIND toward you...are you trying to get the Hootmeister in beeg trouble? ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading for the 450b