midway blems

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: midway blems

Postby Hoot » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:25 pm

1fullmag wrote:Hoot
What did your blue tip look like after the water shot, was it similar to mine? How fast was you pushing yours? I'm thinking that at fifty yards it would have faired a lot better...snip...

I finally got around to weighing the blue tip I shot into the milk jugs and photographing it.

Not nearly as symmetrical as the water shot using the 250gr Hornady FTX, but about the same retained weight. Definitely capable of devastating anything I can hunt here in Minnesota.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby 1fullmag » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Well it looks like yours faired a little better than mine but I think I'm gonna have to take it to the bear woods with me cause I'm running out of time to experiment and I'm out of the FTX's.
But I'm sure it will put a whooping on anything I shoot with it up in your neck of da woods.

Oh and thanks for taking the time posting the pics.
1fullmag

Postby 1fullmag » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:04 pm

my latest test of the 250 gr shokwave
http://youtu.be/3ZPOhG0oYKo
1fullmag

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:28 pm

1fullmag wrote:my latest test of the 250 gr shokwave
http://youtu.be/3ZPOhG0oYKo

BANG!!! FLOP!! Awesome!!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:20 am

Congratulations and I'd say they did the trick.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Jeepejeep » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:14 am

Awesome! Even had a little "death moan there. Man, I hope the black bear I have on my trail camera wanders into my Thumper sights this season! Congratulations! Any idea how much he weighed?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby 1fullmag » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:05 am

He was only 140 lb. but I only had a couple days left to hunt, and it was a tough week of hunting they havent had any cool weather to get the bears really feeding well, plus they haven't had much snow or rain the past year so most of the swamps are dry.
They had a few cool nights about the time I was leaving so this week should be better for my buddy's who are STILL there. I was having a hard time leaving having one more tag still in my pocket.
If you look at the video the actual bait is under the logs he is eating acorns that I just swept up at the cabin and put there before I got in my tree. The funny thing is after looking at my trail camera the bear walked past the bait pile and towards my tree one hour before I woke up and started the camera. :roll:
1fullmag

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b