midway blems

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: midway blems

Postby 1fullmag » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:43 pm

Thanks for the info hoot, with the bear hunting I won't have a problem loosing velocity as the distance will be 50yards or less. It could be more of a issue back here in mo. Deer hunting but even then I seem to usually hang in the deep thick woods where 100 yards would be pushing it although, I do keeping seeing a few doe hanging out by my 500yard gong that I've been thinking about but I wouldn't try it with the 450,
1fullmag

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:53 am

1fullmag wrote:Thanks for the info hoot, with the bear hunting I won't have a problem loosing velocity as the distance will be 50yards or less. It could be more of a issue back here in mo. Deer hunting but even then I seem to usually hang in the deep thick woods where 100 yards would be pushing it although, I do keeping seeing a few doe hanging out by my 500yard gong that I've been thinking about but I wouldn't try it with the 450,

At 500 yards, If you've got the skill to bring it, Thumper has the authority to kill it. Period. I too, would question my own skill first, before questioning a 450 Bushmaster @ 500 yards. I wouldn't take the risk unless I was truly polished up.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby 1fullmag » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:04 pm

I don't have enough scope for the 500yard shot was having to hold way over to hit and you can't do that on game.
1fullmag

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:26 pm

I'm using this guy in a Mil Dot. 30mm tube.
I think the scope and gun can do it, I just need some serious range time and a proven load. But right now, no way would I try.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby 1fullmag » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:50 pm

I'm using a Burris mtac 1-4x great for quick and close and out to bout 200. I've never used a nikko stirling you happy with it?
1fullmag

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Love it so far. Very well built. I have two Nikkos. One is smaller and was the first to go on thumper. My GF gave me the big scope last Christmas.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Jim in Houston » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:51 pm

The latest Midway e-mail advised they are running low on blems. The one that matches the specs for the BM450 is here - http://www.midwayusa.com/find?dimensionids=4294846060&newcategorydimensionid=13568&.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:26 am

I just spoke with a Rep at Midway. They are out of the 250 Blems (Shockwaves). I wanted to order two more boxes.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kottke_35 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:49 am

I ordered another box on the second! Looks like I got one of the last ones, order should be here tuesday.

Sorry guys,
B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby 1fullmag » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:33 pm

ok got a chance saturday to do a couple water shots with the 450. due to the fact that I cant drink enough milk I had to come up with somthing a little diffrent for my my test rig. Its a section of 6" stainless pipe I flanged one end and put a 90 on the other end. I put a piece of clear vinyl over flanged end clamp a second flange over that to the seal water in, fill with water at other end with 90 turned up when full I set 1" alum plate on top of 90 and shoot thru vinyl into water.
It probably isnt the best for compairing to you guys using milk jugs but its somthing that I can use to compair one bullet to the other. Image
The water colum is 20 yards from the shooting bench and the 250gr shockwave's are right at 2300fps at the muzzle and here are the results.... Image This is looking from the intrance you can see theblue tip and a fairly big petal close to intrance. The main part of the bullet stopped at 34.5" from intrance if you look at the far left you can see it barely sticking up above water, and here is what was left..... Image
I also shot a 225gr ftx thats doing about 2425fps at the muzzle I found it 12" from intrance... Image Image
I wish I had some 250gr ftx's to try but im out of them and running out of time before I gotta go outta town so I think Im gonna give the shokwaves a try on the bears in a couple weeks.

If these pics are to big or too many just let me know Im still kinda new to this.
1fullmag

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading for the 450b