XTP Mag bullets

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

XTP Mag bullets

Postby longnkrnch » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:01 am

Considering loading 450 wit the 240 gn XTP mag bullets but have a few questions. How well will they perform on Deer / Hogs? What should be the COAL, the total length (not equipped to measure from ogive)? And, should it be crimped into the cannilure?
longnkrnch

Re: XTP Mag bullets

Postby Hoot » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:59 am

While it's probably starting to sound like a broken record. 38gr of Lil Gun, Rem 7 1/2, 2.05-2.08 COL enough to almost bury the cannelure in the mouth and taper crimp that mouth into the cannelure to a diameter of .475 measured as close to the mouth as accuracy allows. That will throw 100 yard 5-shot groups like this as long as you do your part.

2250fps out of a 20" barrel

I could not find the water shot for it that I did, but it was almost identical to a 250 FTX, making to to the 5th gallon jug full of cold water.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: XTP Mag bullets

Postby LlindeX » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Hoot,

I'll second your opinion. I've copied your exact load for 40 rnds now, and all my targets have been almost identical to what you're showing here. I don't understand why, but I frequently get three touching and two slightly separated like that. Still, a group even anywhere near that would make a heck of a hole in the side of a bull elk, don't you think?
Ask a Syrian why his gun rights are so important !
Then, ask yourself why any Politician really wants to take our's away !!!
LlindeX

Return to Reloading for the 450b