whats the

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

whats the

Postby longrangedog1000yd » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:16 pm

whats the max op pressure of the 450 bushmaster? I've seen 55,000 psi and 60,000 out in networld.
longrangedog1000yd

Re: whats the

Postby wildcatter » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:09 pm

38,500psi is SAMMI. But here's the skinny. I wanted at least 55,000psi, Bushy wanted what I wanted and concurred with my Analysis , but Hornady's Lawyers won the day, for 38,500psi. So, that's what you get, when you let Lawyers, become the Engineers.

This is why, there are many loads on here that push the 230gr bullets at 2500fps+, safely.

Of course, you are on your own, if you exceed SAMMI Specs., so keep it safe!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:10 pm

FWIW, if you don't have a pressure barrel to monitor your progress up to Tim's recommended pressure and happen to experience a mishap, please leave word that your grieving family members are not supposed to sue Eric, the Forum's owner. Image

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby longrangedog1000yd » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:22 am

actually i have a home made pressure checker, i drilled out and tapped the gas port and installed a black powder nipple from which i ran crazy straw to a Suzanne Somers thigh master(which i found behind the set in a used truck i bought) and placed a pencil on one side of the TM and place the Tm on a sheet of paper and when you fire a round it marks on the paper like a polygraph and you simply meaure the line in cm's then devide by mm's then multiply by .575 and you have your pressure in sstm units of pressure :D actually i'm just wanting to do a little comparison of 450 38,500 , 458sc 35,000, 50bw 33,000 i have a friend looking to go big bore ar and i am suggesting the 450 but he is thinking 50bw(boo) i just wanted to get some facts to present when we go hogin today.
longrangedog1000yd

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:20 pm

Oh Lord ... Another comedian. :mrgreen: I don't know how much more of us Eric is gonna tolerate. Welcome to Thumper Talk, LRD1K. But be warned. Between Tim and Commander Fast-Cheesio, I barely get any stage time myself, and I have my own YouTube channel. :roll:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Hoot wrote:FWIW, if you don't have a pressure barrel to monitor your progress up to Tim's recommended pressure and happen to experience a mishap, please leave word that your grieving family members are not supposed to sue Eric, the Forum's owner. Image

Hoot

Yup, What he said and I reiterate.. "Of course, you are on your own, if you exceed SAMMI Specs., so keep it safe!!"

The reason is that reading pressure signs are a learned skill, one in which most folks, even seasoned reloaders, should not ever try!! In other words, if you don't know how to read the Pressure Signs, don't ever exceed SAMMI Specs..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby LlindeX » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:22 pm

WC,

Are you saying that reading the pressure signs is kinda' sorta' like reading the tea leaves???

Ask a Syrian why our 2nd Amendment is so important. Then, ask yourself why some Politicians want to take it away!
Ask a Syrian why his gun rights are so important !
Then, ask yourself why any Politician really wants to take our's away !!!
LlindeX

Postby wildcatter » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:30 pm

LlindeX wrote:WC,

Are you saying that reading the pressure signs is kinda' sorta' like reading the tea leaves???

Ask a Syrian why our 2nd Amendment is so important. Then, ask yourself why some Politicians want to take it away!

Actually yes, and my grand mother used to do exactly that, read tea leaves. The first thing she'd do is turn her empty tea cup, upside down on her saucer and spin it three times, if there was a drop that fell from the cup, she'd say, someone is going to cry... If you don't get this pressure reading right, believe me, someone is going to cry..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Return to Reloading for the 450b