My head is swimming

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: My head is swimming

Postby pitted bore » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:07 am

MarkF1967 wrote:What Hornady Load data? Is there a new publication out there? I am serious. My 450bm should get here over the weekend and I could use some data myself. ...

Mark-
Loads for the 450B are given in the Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading 8th edition, ©2010. In my copy, they are found on pages 744-746. If you don't have a copy of the book, you should get one.

For temporary relief until your copy shows up, take two aspirin and download the pdf's I've made available in this thread: The Original Hornady Data Sheets for the 450B.

And I'll echo the "Welcome to the forum".

--Bob
pitted bore

Postby longnkrnch » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:19 pm

I was in Bass Pro today looking for 240 XTP mag bullets. Didn't have any. I looked at the latest issue of the Hornady manual. 3 loads, the 250FTX and the 240 and 300 XTP. Hopefully more will become available.
longnkrnch

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Wait til you see what you can do with the Hornady 230 Gr FMJ Flat Points! Or MagTech 230 FMJs!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Jim in Houston » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:46 am

longnkrnch wrote:I was in Bass Pro today looking for 240 XTP mag bullets. Didn't have any. I looked at the latest issue of the Hornady manual. 3 loads, the 250FTX and the 240 and 300 XTP. Hopefully more will become available.

Search the forum for bullet weights. If you are up to resizing, you can go as high as .458". As someone posted recently (Hoot, I think), there are hundreds of bullets that are compatible with the BM450, and members of this forum have posted loading information about a few of them.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby wildcatter » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:09 am

Jim in Houston wrote:
longnkrnch wrote:I was in Bass Pro today looking for 240 XTP mag bullets. Didn't have any. I looked at the latest issue of the Hornady manual. 3 loads, the 250FTX and the 240 and 300 XTP. Hopefully more will become available.

Search the forum for bullet weights. If you are up to resizing, you can go as high as .458". As someone posted recently (Hoot, I think), there are hundreds of bullets that are compatible with the BM450, and members of this forum have posted loading information about a few of them.

Swimming Heads!!

I guess this is inevitable, given the Hundreds of bullet/powder/primer combinations we have and especially with all those bullets.

I guess the best way, or so for me, is to decide and define the mission at hand. If it's play and money as the consideration, then that intel will help the decision process and narrow down the choices. If deer and, and, and..or Moose and, and, and. For me going on a high dollar Hunt ($10K-$50K++) is not the time to consider $.50, vs $1.50 per bullet, especially if the buck and a half bullet actually completes the mission. No need to argue with yourself, at that point, when the $1.50 bullet represents a miniscule amount, compared to the rest of the hunt.

So, defining the mission, is a great way to making our decisions..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby kottke_35 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:49 pm

wildcatter wrote:
Jim in Houston wrote:

Swimming Heads!!

I guess this is inevitable, given the Hundreds of bullet/powder/primer combinations we have and especially with all those bullets.

I guess the best way, or so for me, is to decide and define the mission at hand. If it's play and money as the consideration, then that intel will help the decision process and narrow down the choices. If deer and, and, and..or Moose and, and, and. For me going on a high dollar Hunt ($10K-$50K++) is not the time to consider $.50, vs $1.50 per bullet, especially if the buck and a half bullet actually completes the mission. No need to argue with yourself, at that point, when the $1.50 bullet represents a miniscule amount, compared to the rest of the hunt.

So, defining the mission, is a great way to making our decisions..

..t

Couldn't agree more. I've finally talked some of my hunting partners into using premium bullets. You should see the look on their faces when their game drops drt. Now they believe in my theory.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b