The Original Hornady Data Sheets for the 450B

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

The Original Hornady Data Sheets for the 450B

Postby pitted bore » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:59 am

Back in 2008, Hornady released in pdf format their handwritten data sheets for the 450B. These were available on this site until the recent site shuffle. I think the calguns thread included them, or at least had a link to them. They have been reproduced on other forums, but in muddy jpeg formatting.

I've posted the pdf files here:
LINK to Original HORNADY DATA SHEETS - PDF

They are only 86Kb, so they download pretty quickly. I'll leave them up as long as possible - maybe years. However, very little posted on the internet is as permanent as ink on paper, so download them and print them.

Even better, you can get the very same reloading data by buying the most recent Hornady reloading manual. If you don't have a copy, it's worth the cost. It includes reloading technical advice specifically for the 450B. While most of their advice is available on this forum, it requires a lot of time to ferret out.
--Bob
edited to update image url
Last edited by pitted bore on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pitted bore

Re: The Original Hornady Data Sheets for the 450B

Postby longnkrnch » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:25 pm

So cool. I was hating the thought of spending $40 for the reloading manual just for these loads.
longnkrnch

Postby 3rdgeargrndrr » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:06 am

CA: Exorcising my rights
3rdgeargrndrr

Postby Jim in Houston » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:47 am

longnkrnch wrote:So cool. I was hating the thought of spending $40 for the reloading manual just for these loads.

There is a lot more in the Reloading Handbook than just load data. The description of reloading techniques and what goes on during the firing of a round are very interesting and, I would say, something of which every loader (certainly) and even every shooter should be aware.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Return to Reloading for the 450b