I'm now a believer in heavy crimping

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: I'm now a believer in heavy crimping

Postby wildcatter » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:41 pm

TacoTaco wrote:

While I was out there I broke out some 250 FTX's I brought along. 38.0gr Lil Gun. 10 shots. One of the best groups I've ever put up. Have I mentioned that I love this round???

Have I mentioned that this cartridge Loves you better!

Man, Now that's Smoken!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby kottke_35 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Taco

Hoot is also our ”resident expert” on the Barnes 200gr xpb pistol bullets in this cartridge. They hold together very well at high velocity. Take a look around the forum for his posts.

Edit:
Nice group btw!

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Hoot » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:55 am

kottke_35 wrote:Taco

Hoot is also our ”resident expert” on the Barnes 200gr xpb pistol bullets in this cartridge. They hold together very well at high velocity. Take a look around the forum for his posts.

Edit:
Nice group btw!

B.

Actually Wildcatter's experience with the 200 XPB eclipses mine, but I'm the more loose tongued of the two. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby kottke_35 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Hoot wrote:
kottke_35 wrote:Taco

Edit:
Nice group btw!

B.

Actually Wildcatter's experience with the 200 XPB eclipses mine, but I'm the more loose tongued of the two. ;)

Hoot

Chances are we won't blow up our guns if we duplicate yours though.... ;)

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby TacoTaco » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Many thanks for the compliments Gents. Ya just gotta love when you can put that much "whoomp" wherever you want it. Truly a devastating combination.

The scary thing is this rifle is more consistently accurate that any other that I own. Sure my Savage .308 or Bushy Predator can print some really sick groups (.32"--personal best), but they both can throw up some garbage in the following string. My .450, when running my 250gr FTX load is hands down the most consistent, averaging around .75-.80 or so. In my mind, I'd rather have a rifle that always prints "good" groups vs a rifle that "can" put up an exceptional group, sometimes.
TacoTaco

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b