New cast bullet from Accurate Molds.

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

New cast bullet from Accurate Molds.

Postby West Desert » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:12 pm

New guy here. I have a 16 inch 450B on it's way and have already started gathering up reloading componets. As an avid bullet caster I cast about (pun intended) for an approiate bullet mold. I contacted Tom at Accurate Molds in S.L.C, Utah and he quickly came up with a neat design for this cartridge.
On his website catalog it is mold # 45-280D. Check it out. Drawings and specifications are on there also.
I have already ordered mine. I will report later on how it works out.
:D
West Desert

Re: New cast bullet from Accurate Molds.

Postby Hoot » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:09 pm

West Desert wrote:New guy here. I have a 16 inch 450B on it's way and have already started gathering up reloading componets. As an avid bullet caster I cast about (pun intended) for an approiate bullet mold. I contacted Tom at Accurate Molds in S.L.C, Utah and he quickly came up with a neat design for this cartridge.
On his website catalog it is mold # 45-280D. Check it out. Drawings and specifications are on there also.
I have already ordered mine. I will report later on how it works out.
:D

It will be interesting in reading how you fare with the gas checks. There are some theories that you need a taller than average check to span the wide gas port and not let gas leak around them. There are threads here about it. Just do a search within this sub-forum using the search terms: tall gas checks

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: New cast bullet from Accurate Molds.

Postby kottke_35 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Pm sent checking status on user and progress.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Return to Reloading for the 450b