Reloading Benches - Show Me Yours and . . .

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Reloading Benches - Show Me Yours and . . .

Postby jerdebson » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Hoot, my dad was my hunting partner for all my life then he get sick and it took him several years to die. I haven't had the desire to hunt since. My uncle and his grandsons tried to get me to go with them for years but it wasn't the same. I don't know if I will ever want to go again.

As for "wifes", mine doesn't say tooo much about it but has no desire to be instructed in handling or shooting. I have lots for her to choose from from a Ruger .22 pistol to a 22# 6mm-284 bench gun but she has no desire to learn. I hope the time never comes she needs to know how to stop a bad situation.

I was just giving you cr@p for putting something into words you might have to eat at a later time. I understand a low time.
Last edited by jerdebson on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Hoot » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:59 pm

If I took a week off from work, sent my wife on vacation with the pets and committed time every day to work on it, I might be able to get my Man-Cave in a position to be photographed and shown without folks here losing a lot of respect for me. My mind is wired such that when I get on a project, I go with it fast and furious, leaving cleanup for later. Then I get reminded that we have somewhere to be, something to do, or my personal favorite, looking up at the clock and it's after midnight on a work night, whereupon everything lays where it fell. After a few months of that, it looks like a room from some reality series on the Discovery Channel. It is the primary reason that I own 2 or 3 of every tool and they're all in the same 25x25 room. :oops:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby jerdebson » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Hoot wrote:If I took a week off from work, sent my wife on vacation with the pets and committed time every day to work on it, I might be able to get my Man-Cave in a position to be photographed and shown without folks here losing a lot of respect for me. My mind is wired such that when I get on a project, I go with it fast and furious, leaving cleanup for later. Then I get reminded that we have somewhere to be, something to do, or my personal favorite, looking up at the clock and it's after midnight on a work night, whereupon everything lays where it fell. After a few months of that, it looks like a room from some reality series on the Discovery Channel. It is the primary reason that I own 2 or 3 of every tool and they're all in the same 25x25 room. :oops:

Hoot

My wife covered up anything and everything in my "Gunroom". I built a really nice heavy reloading bench many years ago and would love to show it off as well. The top was made for the Government to be used as radiation shield, it is made up of 16 1/8" sheets of Masonite with a thin layer of lead foil between each layer making it 2"+ thick. It came in 4'x12' sheets that weighed 745# if I remember right. The 6' piece I have weighs 230#. It sets on three doubled legs for six total. The left end is a 4 high file cabinet that I made into 2 high and 2 wide. I have a 2"x2" receiver on the right side to be able to change from a single stage press to my Progressive or a vice or Mec 77 shotgun reloader. Behind that I made 12" deep by 22" high by 6' wide glass front storage unit. It has pegboard up rights to hold shelves at different heights for bullets, dies and other related tools. If I ever get my "office" finished in my shop I will post pictures.
Last edited by jerdebson on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Hoot, I share your burden just from a different perspective. I grew up with parents who loathed firearms. My dad, though he did begrudgingly accept my love of firearms, hunting, outdoorsman lifestyle and the right to self defense, refused to participate in my activities. I had to either teach myself or seek out mentors. He never went hunting with me. He would drop me off at a bayou in Shreveport so I could fish and he would then go back to work. (Something that would be extremely dangerous to do today). In the years that I had a TX 17 bass boat, he never went to the lake with me and never even rode in it. It really saddens me to think of all the missed opportunities. But there is nothing we can do about it. Mom who is now 81, still despises firearms. My parents were horrified when they learned that I had a Handgun carry permit in TN. As dad got older, he did realize the right to self defense and accepted my choice. The older he got, I believe, the more he realized the importance of the second amendment, but I think it wasn't me who opened his eyes, it was a few of his deacons who were Memphis Police Officers and another friend of his who is an outdoors editor for the Commercial Appeal in Memphis. I also think that towards the end of the 1990s, Dad was listening to Rush Limbaugh a lot more. But in the end, I never got to share the love of hunting and fishing with him.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby cptrifeg2 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:42 pm

I guess I have no right to complain. While my wife does not get hunting or care about reloading..she does love to shoot occasionally. She was also a CPT in the Army, is quite good with an M4 and knows how to tear it down. Since the birth of our 2 yr old girl she hasn't been out shooting with me, but every weekend after thanksgiving our family does a skeet shoot with about 75 other neighbors and friends at my dads back 40. I think this year she'll come out and show up about 50 of the men in the first round lol. As far as enduring hobbies with a spouse about the only thing we really both like to do activity wise is riding bicycles and motorcycles. I am one of few that can say he has fired side by side with his wife in a combat zone lol. makes for fun stories at family get togethers.

"Soldier's dont rise to the occasion, but fall to their level of training".
cptrifeg2

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b