350gr Interlocks vs Milk jugs

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: 350gr Interlocks vs Milk jugs

Postby cptrifeg2 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Hoot wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Class 10 cards are the fastest made and that's what I'm using in my Go Pro cameras. I'm stuck here at the dodge house and may be for some time. This day may be a bust.

That's what I had in mine but at 240frames per second, it still slowly falls behind until the write buffer overflows and it just stops trying. I guess that Canon didn't expect folks to take high speed footage lasting more than 30 seconds. Your guess is as good as mine. I got a clip of the cat jumping over the dog and at 240, it really slows it down.

Hoot

Hoot,
I have HD/ 3D camera that has a little more versital chip for highspeed HD shooting (meaning much better buffer). If you want to borrow it, Ill mail it to you. The only pain in the arse is you have to put it in the cradle to download your film as it does not have a USB port on it for transfer..Sony has a wacky sort of firewire with USB built in.

Rick

"Soldier's dont rise to the occasion, but fall to their level of training".
cptrifeg2

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:47 pm

I shot some video yesterday and I hope it turns out nice. The bad thing was that my water shots didn't go as planned. No bullets were captured. But I did capture a couple of those deep curls imbedded in the tires behind the backstop. I believe the deep curls may "over deploy" at speeds over 2200FPS. But that would make for a fantastic home defense round. On the water shot, I found nothing but shards of lead and copper. The main bullet sheared off in a different direction after 2 jugs. I'm going to have to figure out a different way to capture these bullets.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I shot some video yesterday and I hope it turns out nice. The bad thing was that my water shots didn't go as planned. No bullets were captured. But I did capture a couple of those deep curls imbedded in the tires behind the backstop. I believe the deep curls may "over deploy" at speeds over 2200FPS. But that would make for a fantastic home defense round. On the water shot, I found nothing but shards of lead and copper. The main bullet sheared off in a different direction after 2 jugs. I'm going to have to figure out a different way to capture these bullets.

Does your setup include totally immobilizing the bottles? At first, I just set them in a line and when impacted, the ones that didn't shred rotated and shifted from the turbulence and general energy release. The bullets are hard enough to keep going in a straight line as it is, without the bottles helping them. Some times, the bullets still go off on their own tear because they don't mushroom uniformly. More so if they over deploy due to velocity outside their design parameters. The only ones that consistently stayed on track were the Barnes. I can't recall how many shots the FTX's took to get three good examples, but was at least two for each weight. Lotta chaos in that test setup. A more dense media like actual ballistic gel would help, but even that varies from one member's test to the next. Water is pretty consistent no matter which tap you draw it from. I like that Barnes test setup. Two story vertical water tank. Those babies can't get away no matter how hard they try.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:09 pm

They were secured with duct tape and firing strips, like I did last time. I have videos, but it's going to be a while before I can get those posted.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:00 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:They were secured with duct tape and firing strips, like I did last time. I have videos, but it's going to be a while before I can get those posted.

it was The Orionids!! :o

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:09 am

Right now, I'm doing some slow motion editing of muzzle behavior. Sorry, I couldnt get the flash tests done, I had a slight technical failure so it may be a few more days. Right now, Thumper is in Minor Emergency Care office awaiting a new butt plate. Should be here Weds.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:53 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Right now, I'm doing some slow motion editing of muzzle behavior. Sorry, I couldnt get the flash tests done, I had a slight technical failure so it may be a few more days. Right now, Thumper is in Minor Emergency Care office awaiting a new butt plate. Should be here Weds.

Did it break inward up at the top screw? That's what happened to my pre-fit, from the spring-weights rebounding. Main reason I went with the slip-on.

Hoot
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Yep. Second time. But GunNut has me covered. Astounding Customer Service. Gunny has a new design he's sending me.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:59 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Yep. Second time. But GunNut has me covered. Astounding Customer Service. Gunny has a new design he's sending me.

Good. I entertained cutting a distribution plate the same shape as the pad from a sheet of 1/16" tempered SS I had and gluing it to the stockside of the pad with RTV, but it was a bugger to cut, let alone accurately. Hence the slip-on. I'm sure Gunny has a good design for dealing with it. The last thing you expect is that you'd lose a recoil pad to Newton's 3rd Law.

Hoot
Hoot

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b