350gr Interlocks vs Milk jugs

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: 350gr Interlocks vs Milk jugs

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:50 pm

I recently got two of those Go Pro Hero 2 cameras. Pricey, but they shoot great video.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Yes! That was the only test I've done so far. I want to test the FMJs again with 44.5 grains and the LeGendre crimp, I just haven't had the time. I was gonna try some testing tomorrow but first I've got to run by the Dodge house and get my truck AC looked at and get an oil change. After that, I may try to spend some time on the range.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:I recently got two of those Go Pro Hero 2 cameras. Pricey, but they shoot great video.

As i stated a while back, I picked up a Canon Power Shot still camera that does video, including 120 and 240 frames per second, but I need an assistant using it because once I start it rolling at 240 fps, I only have a few seconds before the memory storage rate falls so far behind the data coming into it, that it locks up. Setting it up rolling, walking to my shooting position, aiming and shooting takes about 30 seconds and by then, it's already locked up the memory. They don't mention that in the manual. :evil: I was using the fastest micro SD card I could buy, so I don't know what else to do since I don't have an assistant. While the delayed shutter release works well with still pictures, I haven't figured out if it works with video as well. If it does, that would be one solution to try. It also shoots at reduced image quality the higher the fps, but still reasonable for viewing. HD is limited to 30 and 60 fps, which it does quite well. It has so many bells and whistles that it's tedious to use. I took Photography classes back in the day of the match needle, film, manual focus SLR. Lost interest about the time AF and AE came along. The Canon is smart enough to set up a group picture using the blink to trip shutter. Yes, blink to trip. Everyone gets into position except you. You start it, walk into position in the group and blink at it to start the countdown. That blows my mind that they can be so smart as to pick up on your facial movement. Too damn smart in my opinion. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:23 am

Class 10 cards are the fastest made and that's what I'm using in my Go Pro cameras. I'm stuck here at the dodge house and may be for some time. This day may be a bust.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby TacoTaco » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Those go pro cameras are something else. We use them at work in some really nasty environments and they do fantastic.
TacoTaco

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:06 am

It looks like its going to be this weekend before I can do anything. And if these storms keep hitting on the weekends like they have been, it may be around the first of November. Sorry guys. My help has totally evaporated.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby cptrifeg2 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:25 am

Agree with Texas Sheep dog. I use the Lexar 32GB X400 speed cards for reliable video quality. You can buy much cheeper video cards for your purpose but I promise you, you will never have to to take a second video clip due to poor data transfer with the lexar cards Hoot. At 240fps of 720p I think you'll get abut 2 -2.5 hours worth of film on one card. (I could be off, your owners manual will give a conversion chart/ time conversion as each camera uses slightly different packaging software some have 3D capability wich uses more space even if not shot in 3D) get a spare battery though as the high res shooting eats the juice :). Electronics weenie out.
Last edited by cptrifeg2 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Soldier's dont rise to the occasion, but fall to their level of training".
cptrifeg2

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:36 am

Today is going to be the day we spend a lot of time on the range. The Wx is gonna be nice. Lets hope my water shots capture what I'm looking for. If nothing else, the video should be hilarious.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Class 10 cards are the fastest made and that's what I'm using in my Go Pro cameras. I'm stuck here at the dodge house and may be for some time. This day may be a bust.

That's what I had in mine but at 240frames per second, it still slowly falls behind until the write buffer overflows and it just stops trying. I guess that Canon didn't expect folks to take high speed footage lasting more than 30 seconds. Your guess is as good as mine. I got a clip of the cat jumping over the dog and at 240, it really slows it down.

With deer season opener two weeks away, experimentation may be done for this year. The temps really turn down in a hurry shortly thereafter and you can't predictably plan much more than a few days in advance. That and the fact that I do work for a living, limits my time mostly to the weekends. I have a dozen milk jugs full of water in the garage, at the ready. The past week or so, I've been making brass for a new caliber (toy). Totally in the other direction from the thumpers. It's interesting for the moment, but again, I'll likely run out of weather before getting much done with it this year. I got my Dad's deer loads made up for his Browning 30-06 and really need to get my own deer loads in order. That and round up all the gear, pack and stage in my free time.

I spent the day today commuting 3 hours each way to retrieve my trailcam and put the camo skirt on the ladder stand up north where I set it up two weekends ago. I like the local deer population to get used to seeing just the skeleton silhouette of it for a few weeks before putting the skirt on. Then two more weeks of getting used to seeing that. Unfortunately, no rubs or scrapes yet in the woods, but it was like that last year this time. I went in two days before season opener for a last minute check last year and the woods were full of scrapes and rubs. The trailcam only had a few shots of does between 11 PM and 2 AM, again like this time last year. My Dad will be flying in on the 28th. Hopefully this year goes a heck of a lot better than last year with the Gales of November descending upon us the entire first week and culminating in my "fall from grace". The doctor was wrong though. My knee will not be better in time for this years deer season. I'm doubting it will ever be wholly reliable, but my hand is mostly back to normal. Oh well, I just adjust my tactics and lower my expectations. :|

If I get a chance to do some more water shots, I'll figure out a way to take the video quicker, so as not to waste so much time getting set up for the shot, while it's rolling.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:34 pm

May The Force Be With You, there, Hootster....we need you back in one piece, dude. Be careful on that ladder. ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading for the 450b