Range Report .452" Speer 250 Grain Deep Curls

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Range Report .452" Speer 250 Grain Deep Curls

Postby Hoot » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Are those just sculpted EAR plugs, or sculpted liguid HD foam like the stuff you can get for marine repairs?

Hoot's ears have officially perked up! ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Exits45 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:57 am

The material is a High density foam from a 2" thick sheet. It's 30 lb rated.
I believe you can buy the material at McMaster/Carr. We had some laying
around the shop at work for some time. So I cut off a section and turned
the diameters and parted it off. Then expoxied them in and shaped them
to lenght.
Exits45

Postby Hoot » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:59 am

Exits45 wrote:The material is a High density foam from a 2" thick sheet. It's 30 lb rated.
I believe you can buy the material at McMaster/Carr. We had some laying
around the shop at work for some time. So I cut off a section and turned
the diameters and parted it off. Then epoxied them in and shaped them
to length.

Thanks, I'm no stranger to McMaster Carr. ;) Did you just part it with a knife or razor blade?

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Exits45 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:20 pm

I used a part off tool that was .050 wide. I was using a south bend lathe with collets.
Exits45

Postby Exits45 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:34 am

A New/old udate to this report. I just recieved my Chrony F-1 and made a remote for it. Took out the 250 gr. Deep curls and shot a couple to check the speed.
I got 2299 fps to 2333fps. :P
Exits45

Postby wildcatter » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Exits45 wrote:A New/old udate to this report. I just recieved my Chrony F-1 and made a remote for it. Took out the 250 gr. Deep curls and shot a couple to check the speed.
I got 2299 fps to 2333fps. :P

Just a procedural adjustment??

FWIW, I use a 22lr to verify whether or not I have the chronograph set up for the conditions. In this way I don't waste so many of the expensive rds. Just a little thought, here..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Exits45 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:04 am

That's exactly what I did which worked out well. :)
Exits45

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:39 pm

wildcatter wrote:
Exits45 wrote:
FWIW, I use a 22lr to verify whether or not I have the chronograph set up for the conditions. In this way I don't waste so many of the expensive rds. Just a little thought, here...

Good idea, except my range charges by the number of guns you're shooting, so it's cheaper to set up with a round two of BM450 than to pay for a second gun.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Update. I just got back around to these spent 450 cases. I don't know why, but when running them through the resizing die, I was beginning to think that I had already resized them, but my primer pockets proved that I was indeed resizing "spent" brass. What I mean to say is that there was almost no force needed to run these cases up into the die and only slight force needed towards the end of the stroke. I don't know if it was just my imagination or the Imperial Wax or could it be that after these cases were shot, they suffered very little distortion? Is it me? The wax? Hmmmmm.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Update. I just got back around to these spent 450 cases. I don't know why, but when running them through the resizing die, I was beginning to think that I had already resized them, but my primer pockets proved that I was indeed resizing "spent" brass. What I mean to say is that there was almost no force needed to run these cases up into the die and only slight force needed towards the end of the stroke. I don't know if it was just my imagination or the Imperial Wax or could it be that after these cases were shot, they suffered very little distortion? Is it me? The wax? Hmmmmm.

What cha mean, "Is it You"??

Of course, it's always You!! The neighbors dog bites me, it's you. If Commander Fast and Furious can't hit the target, it's you. and if the sun doesn't rise tomorrow, it's YOU Dude. It's always you. I even hear that your "Brother" Obumer, blaim's all of his troubles on YOU!!

..t

Wink..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading for the 450b