chronograph

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

chronograph

Postby craigdennis23 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:30 pm

Thanks for any advice in advance. I'm ready to get a chronograph to help give me more info on my reloads. Do you gents have any recomendations for me. I'm not looking for the top of the line however the remote readout looks like a nice feature. I believe I read hoot had one he modified to simulate a more expensive model, that would always be nice to be able to do as well.
craigdennis23

Re: chronograph

Postby 3rdgeargrndrr » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Most of the guys here have the chrony brand chronos. The F1(green) is fine for most uses, it is nice to have the remote screen on the "master" series. I myself purchased an alpha, which is just an F1 painted red and has some memory and calculation functions. They all work well from this brand. be safe. I have a new 16" short barrel 30-06 I will be load testing soon and hope i dont torch the chrony with excessive muzzle flash. :mrgreen:
CA: Exorcising my rights
3rdgeargrndrr

Postby wildcatter » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:09 am

3rdgeargrndrr wrote:Most of the guys here have the chrony brand chronos. The F1(green) is fine for most uses, it is nice to have the remote screen on the "master" series. I myself purchased an alpha, which is just an F1 painted red and has some memory and calculation functions. They all work well from this brand. be safe. I have a new 16" short barrel 30-06 I will be load testing soon and hope i dont torch the chrony with excessive muzzle flash. :mrgreen:

Funny you should say that. The truth is, you Can be to close to the screens and the Blast itself can give you an Error Message..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby craigdennis23 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:19 pm

I've seen a cable to go to a laptop with software from the chronys would that be worth it instead of springing the extra for the remote readoutg? Think its called chrono connect.
Please recomend options, I want one and don't know what options I should look for ect.

Thanks guys. That would be a hell of a blast 16" 30 06. Please video at dusk lol
craigdennis23

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:43 pm

I have the ProChrono from Competition Electronics - http://www.midwayusa.com/product/852429/competition-electronics-prochrono-digital-chronograph. I have had no problems with it working under various outdoor lighting conditions. I also purchased the digital remote control - http://www.midwayusa.com/product/858466/competition-electronics-digital-remote-control-for-prochrono-chronograph?cm_vc=sugv1852429. This is important to me to be able to confirm readings and to cycle through the readings, which I also record manually on a clipboard, as I sometimes record more strings than the chrono will hold in memory.

I decided not to buy the computer connection and software items, as I didn't want to take my computer to the range, and I can enter the data onto a spreadsheet with graphics links that is customized for my interests.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby craigdennis23 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:22 pm

thanks for all the advice fellas. i fell into a chrony gamma master with a printer in brand new condition for 89.00$ at the local gunshop i frequent. from what ive seen thats a smokin deal :D
craigdennis23

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:10 pm

The Chrony 1 Master with remote head is what I use and I've never blasted the screens off. This is the same Chrony that my GFs' teenage son accidentally put in the refridgerator during a sleepy late night kitchen raid.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Reloading for the 450b