Ideal bullet weight?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Ideal bullet weight?

Postby jerdebson » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Well, I have one of our two 450Bs ready to shoot and the other will be this week. I am getting ready to load also. I hope to have the rest of what we need bought by the first of next year. We will use Factory until then and keep them on hand for an all purpose/hunting round.

I'm sure there is a thread that answers my questions, but haven't found it yet. I have my own opinion on optimum bullet weight for the 450B with 20" barrel and 1/20 twist but I would like the opinion of some of the old hands with the 450B. Such as WC (its your creation), GN, TSD, Hoot and a few others that slip my wandering mind at the moment.

I have two lbs. WW296 on hand but will need some LG in the near future I believe.

I have 230gr Hornady FMJ FP, and am thinking about the 225 Hornady FTX and perhaps a hard/solid 275 gr. I don't care to get any lighter than 225 or heavier than 275. What do you old hands think? I plan to shoot from paper to dear or hogs, or most anything else.

I don't have these ready and I am already thinking a 450B or450LM in a short action 700/788 might be a big game killing machine (my wife will kill me if she reads this).
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Re: Ideal bullet weight?

Postby commander faschisto » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Check the reloading sub-forum here; use the search function with the bullet weights you want, etc. Its all in here, just takes some perusing...you'll definitely need Lil' Gun, and be careful with W296 which needs very near max fill loads. Enjoy!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Return to Reloading for the 450b