Reloading Supplies Scarce?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Reloading Supplies Scarce?

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:31 pm

I know that AR's are hard to find now, but on my last trip to Carter Country and Bass Pro Shops I found them completely sold out of small rifle primers, except for some CCI's. In fact, the only primers they had were a few boxes of small and large pistol primers.

Is anyone else noticing depleted stocks of primers, powder, etc? BTW, I just checked Midway and Brownells, and they are out of stock on all brands of small rifle primers with some on backorder and others (at Midway) with no backorder (meaning they can get no restock date from the manufacturer).

Anyone have any experience with the CCI's? There is another thread here (Best Loads) that noted some hang-fires with them for certain powders. If they don't pose any systemic problems, I may go back and buy a few boxes.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Re: Reloading Supplies Scarce?

Postby paulmark3010 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:45 pm

I went to Carter's Country in Spring two weekends ago and primers were almost gone then. I bought some match Federal large pistol primers which was all the large pistol primers they had left. I bought all the 45 ACP 230 grain FMJ in stock. I also bought all the small pistol primers they had which was only 500. Brass is drying up too. 223 is hard to find. As far as CCI primers, I have gone through thousands without a single problem. :twisted:
paulmark3010

Postby Keesey » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Only thing I could find for primers in the last week in stock was cci at bass pro here in MI, and the guy told me they just got 1k worth of sleeves that morning and I bought the last 7 at 1pm. It is insane the sales of rifles and handguns I stood at the counter waiting my turn to be checked out, everyone was buying and at least ten people asked for small rifle primers. Shells are bare
Keesey

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:40 am

An ammo manufacturer in Georgia is basically shut down due to component shortages. Every cartridge load they produce is sold out, and they have no idea when they'll be back in business. And, this level of insanity is only going to get worse when the idiots in D.C. actually start debating a gun control bill.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Hopalong » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:04 am

Most places around here are out of primers. One shop limits sales to 1000 per customer. Most 223, 308, 9mm, and 45 components are gone too.

Hop
Hopalong

Postby Hoot » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:45 am

Hopalong wrote:Most places around here are out of primers. One shop limits sales to 1000 per customer. Most 223, 308, 9mm, and 45 components are gone too.

Hop

This is bumming me out. It never occurred to me to check my primer stock. I'm down to two trays of REM 7 1/2's, so I called my local pusher. He told me I' way too late to be calling as he's out of every brand of Small Rifle Primers. Just lovely... :evil:

I have the better part of a brick of BR4s, but they suck in the 450b. At least I have the better part of bricks of WLR and GM210M for those calibers that use them. Guess I'll be picking my shooting projects more carefully come spring. Image

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to Reloading for the 450b