Primers...Where are you???

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Primers...Where are you???

Postby nickdeannow » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Where the heck can I find some Remington 7.5 primers?
nickdeannow

Re: Primers...Where are you???

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Haven't seen any Remmy Primers in months.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kottke_35 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:32 am

Good luck! If ya find any let us know. Have not seen any in forever and I'm down to 5 left. :(

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby AR_Hunter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:43 pm

I picked up 2000 the other day from a new gun store down the road. I'm picking up my daughters first rifle from there on Friday and I'll see if he has anymore left and report back. How many are you guys looking for? He says he doesn't have much trouble getting reloading supplies. I could make an order if needed. Let me know.
AR_Hunter

Postby kottke_35 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:51 pm

I could go for 500 to 1k depending on availability,cost, and other users interest. Let me know! Thanks.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Hoot » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 pm

I just want to find them locally since I believe it's legalized robbery to charge folks a $20 hazmat fee to ship $35 worth of primers. I do have a tip from a local club member after complaining in the monthly Newsletter I just sent out. He told me of a mom & pop, low key store not terribly far from where I work. He bought a couple of bricks last week there and I hope to stop there tomorrow after work.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm

I am interested in 1000 Winchester Small Rifle or Remington 7-1/2 for the BM450. Will pay retail plus shipping plus a small gratuity, but if there are any onerous shipping restrictions other than labeling (that involve money) would need to discuss.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby AR_Hunter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Yes, the $20 hazmat fee kills you unless you want several thousand. That's why I was asking how many were wanted. I will try to find out what vendor he uses and maybe a local shop near you can order from them as well. Best of luck and I will post what I find out on Friday. I paid $30 per thousand last week.
AR_Hunter

Postby Jim in Houston » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 am

AR_Hunter wrote:Yes, the $20 hazmat fee kills you unless you want several thousand. That's why I was asking how many were wanted. I will try to find out what vendor he uses and maybe a local shop near you can order from them as well. Best of luck and I will post what I find out on Friday. I paid $30 per thousand last week.

It's not only the hazmat fee, but neither UPS nor FEDEX will ship primers unless the shipper is hazmat certified and the primers are packaged as hazmat. That sort of limits me to someone willing to sell me primers within driving distance of Houston (as far away as Dallas, probably not Amarillo). OK, so it will probably cost me more than $20 in gas, but I like to drive, not pay "frivolous" fees.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Hoot » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:05 pm

I never knew why you could buy a case of 1000 cartridges, with 1000 primers in them and ship them without having to pay a hazmat fee. That's why I refer to it as legalized robbery. :evil:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Next

Return to Reloading for the 450b