Primers...Where are you???

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Primers...Where are you???

Postby kottke_35 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:Is the correct size of Remington primers 7-1/2 for the BM50? How about CCI?

The 7 1/2 are what people have been reporting good results with. I know mine shot well. Can't answer the vic's, I've not used any. I seem to remember some people using them though. What cci primer are you referring to?

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby etijsma » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Doubtful, But if any of you are in/near the Dayton, Ohio area, Olde English outfitters have 6 boxes of the remington 7 1/2 primers along with all kinds of others. I grabbed one for $44.99.
etijsma

Postby Hoot » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:42 pm

etijsma wrote:Doubtful, But if any of you are in/near the Dayton, Ohio area, Olde English outfitters have 6 boxes of the remington 7 1/2 primers along with all kinds of others. I grabbed one for $44.99.

There are none in the entire state of Minnesota. Over the month of February, I have called every sporting goods business and the typical response was on the order of "You're two month's too late." :roll:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Just picked up some CCI 400 small rifle primers at Carter Country in Houston. This was the only brand in stock (they usually have Winchester, Remington, Federal and CCI), and they are limiting sales to 200 primers per customer per day.

Also found some Remington 6-1/2 in Broken Bow, OK, last week in an out-of-the way convenience store.

According to the sales staff at Carters, they are seeing some loosening of the supplies. This is the first time I have seen primers on their shelves this year.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Outdoored » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:28 pm

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search_c ... ik-21-0757

Cabelas has the CCI 400 in stock...better hurry
Outdoored

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b