Nosler?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Nosler?

Postby Hopalong » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:59 am

The 45 LC, .451 diameter, 250 gr. Thoughts on this bullet for the 450? Found a place that has some over-runs for sale.

And the 230 gr. FMJ flatpoint? also .451. I know Hornadys are well thought of.

Thx.

Hop
Hopalong

Re: Nosler?

Postby Jeepejeep » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:46 am

I haven't used these particular Noslers but I have used their bullets and found them to be very accurate. I'd say if you can get a buy on them give 'em a whirl.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby wildcatter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Hopalong wrote:The 45 LC, .451 diameter, 250 gr. Thoughts on this bullet for the 450? Found a place that has some over-runs for sale.

And the 230 gr. FMJ flatpoint? also .451. I know Hornadys are well thought of.

Thx.

Hop

I've shot allot of those fmj-fp's and they are fantastic, but scariest in my AO. So, I pretty much use the hornady version. As for the 250's? It is important for you to know their performance envelop.

Example: Assuming they are still expanding at say 300fps and total expansion is at 1200fps the expansion envelop is from 300-1200fps. Again assuming, you do not want the bullet to self-destruct, then what are the ranges the 450b will deliver those numbers. The thought is that they were built for the 45 colt, and our speeds are very much north of those capabilities.

So, our mission Mr. Phelps, is to decide what the Mission is and pick a bullet for that mission. If you are shooting deer, your ranges for engagement, might be over 150yds. If you don't want much to go through a wall, then pour the coals to it, as it going to blow-up when it hits something and penetration is going to be marginalized, of course final testing is going to be needed, to make sure that Hypothesis is correct..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hopalong » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:26 pm

AO?

Yeah I considered the original mission for the JHP was at a considerably lower velocity than we can generate. Could be interesting or could be a time waster. Maybe somebody's tried them and knows…
Hopalong

Postby wildcatter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:01 pm

AO = Area of Operation or, in the vernacular, your Hood..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bushmeister » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Heck, I hit the back button just in case this thread was going to self destruct!! :lol:
bushmeister

Postby wildcatter » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:44 pm

bushmeister wrote:Heck, I hit the back button just in case this thread was going to self destruct!! :lol:

The only thing that's going to self destruct is you, if I don't get some more of the GA Swamp Cooking of yours..wink..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Return to Reloading for the 450b