Midway has 450b brass back in stock

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Midway has 450b brass back in stock

Postby Hoot » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Just got an email that they have it back in stock for $41.99/50. Here's the link if you're interested.

Merry Christmas

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Midway has 450b brass back in stock

Postby wildcatter » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Hoot wrote:Just got an email that they have it back in stock for $41.99/50. Here's the link if you're intereste d.

Merry Christmas

Hoot

Yuppers, as reported, when there is brass there is ammo too, seems to happen this way. It's all over the net, again (new run being released). In just two stops, one at ebang the other at ammoseek, there are 43 sources for our ammo and brass. AND this for just two stops (sources) on the Internet!! Do some more clicking and very soon you'll have Hundreds of sources! As I have said before, ammo and components availability will never be our problem, as opposed to the other big bores. Those copy-cat wanna-be's, are constantly "Plagued" with NO-Availability (as opposed to spotty availability) and when you do find their poison, it's 2x-5x times what we normally pay for our cannon fodder and now Remmy is coming on-line with even more ammo for us, at our normal prices, I might add.

In this vain, has anyone else seen the various-High End Pundits, echoing the demise of the other big bores, going the way of the 30-40 Craig, the idea being, nice gun, but not enough guts and no ammo?? Consider: AmmoSeek has 4 choices for the 30-40, only in custom offerings and the same for ebang, otherwise it's all antique fodder, get my correlation? As for the beowulf, seven sources total, for both sights, with prices to $84/box of 50. Socom is a little better, but who can afford those prices (one Mid-way listing had a bx of 20 for $77)??

Just a thought to get someone thinking and to tweak the noses of the wanna-be's, one of us needs to get a box of those Barnes dedicated socom bullets, .458" and load'em up, after drawing them down to .452" and report the results here and over at the beowulf/socom-"We-hate-the-450 bushmaster, only channel (ar15.com Variants Section).

Just a thought. I bet your results, using that particular Barnes bullet, will be better over-all performance.

Well, that's what's on my mind today, otherwise, Good-Eye Hoot and thanks for the Heads-Up..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Siringo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:02 pm

At a buck a pop -- don't know if it is worth it. Probably 1850 fps is all you'll get out of this. On 458S sites, that is the MV they post too. The Hornady 250 gr. beats it hands down. Shoots flatter, hits harder, all the way to 300 yards. Problem I see with 300's is they drop into the transonic range 100 yards before the 250's do. That is -- at least in my reasoning -- why accuracy drops off past 200 yards with them. At the speeds we shoot at a boatail really serves no purpose -- other than the cool factor -- plus it eats up powder space.
Siringo

Postby wildcatter » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:33 am

Siringo wrote:At a buck a pop -- don't know if it is worth it. Probably 1850 fps is all you'll get out of this. On 458S sites, that is the MV they post too. The Hornady 250 gr. beats it hands down. Shoots flatter, hits harder, all the way to 300 yards. Problem I see with 300's is they drop into the transonic range 100 yards before the 250's do. That is -- at least in my reasoning -- why accuracy drops off past 200 yards with them. At the speeds we shoot at a boatail really serves no purpose -- other than the cool factor -- plus it eats up powder space.

I always like your reasoning, good go 'ol man..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby xxInfidelxx » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:40 am

I have about 80 once fired brass. Going to get set up for reloading in the next few months, most likely after tax returns. Assuming I still get one as usual. Not sure what to get, but I have been looking at the Hornady presses/kits. Nice deal to get 500 free bullets with the kit. They do limit which bullets you can choose but there are .451 bullets in their list of eligible choices. I assume these can still be loaded for the Bushy, if not I just got a new .45 ACP pistol.
xxInfidelxx

Postby Hoot » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:47 pm

xxInfidelxx wrote:I have about 80 once fired brass. Going to get set up for reloading in the next few months, most likely after tax returns. Assuming I still get one as usual. Not sure what to get, but I have been looking at the Hornady presses/kits. Nice deal to get 500 free bullets with the kit. They do limit which bullets you can choose but there are .451 bullets in their list of eligible choices. I assume these can still be loaded for the Bushy, if not I just got a new .45 ACP pistol.

Careful with bullets intended for the .45 ACP @ ~850 fps. They don't always fare well at 2200-2500 fps. An example of acceptable versus not is the Hornady XTP Magnum vs the Hornady regular XTP. I have loaded both. The regular XTPs were all over the range but the Magnum (thicker jacket) XTPs fly pretty nice. Definitely avoid the ultra thin-skinned copper plated stuff like Berry's.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby xxInfidelxx » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanks, I will be here a lot once I start reloading, nagging the hell out of everyone. Luckily I have several friends that reload as well so I'll have plenty of people to ask questions. I start looking at stuff now and it gets a little overwhelming, Just going to be super careful and make sure I don't blow my gun up (or my face) while learning the ropes.
xxInfidelxx

Postby Hoot » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:29 pm

xxInfidelxx wrote:Thanks, I will be here a lot once I start reloading, nagging the hell out of everyone. Luckily I have several friends that reload as well so I'll have plenty of people to ask questions. I start looking at stuff now and it gets a little overwhelming, Just going to be super careful and make sure I don't blow my gun up (or my face) while learning the ropes.

"nagging' is the wrong word in that sentence. Learning might be more accurate. We all start somewhere, usually with a lot more questions than answers. The fact that folks frequent this forum and answer questions is testimony to the fact that they enjoy helping others.

Hoot
Hoot

Postby xxInfidelxx » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:46 pm

xxInfidelxx

Postby Edward78 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:00 am

I bought some brass from midway and I also received some brass with the Upper I bought from some early run Hornady Ammo and the older once fired 450 Bushmaster brass weighs about 10 grains heavier than the new virgin Hornady I just received. Has anyone noticed this and with that much deference wouldn't that noticeably effect the load.
Edward78

Next

Return to Reloading for the 450b