Midway has 450b brass back in stock

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Midway has 450b brass back in stock

Postby Siringo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:32 am

Edward78 - that would really be odd -- that much difference. Hornady brass, in my experience, is as good as any match brass, with very consistent weights.

I do not know what you purchased with the used upper, but is it Hornady brass or converted 284 Winchester brass? Check the head stamps. The weight difference would be consistent with 284 Brass. Also, are you weighing these with the primers in the once fired brass?
Siringo

Postby Edward78 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Siringo wrote:Edward78 - that would really be odd -- that much difference. Hornady brass, in my experience, is as good as any match brass, with very consistent weights.

I do not know what you purchased with the used upper, but is it Hornady brass or converted 284 Winchester brass? Check the head stamps. The weight difference would be consistent with 284 Brass. Also, are you weighing these with the primers in the once fired brass?

I agree that hornady is good brass but yes the hornady once fired brass I am weighing that came with the rifle is stamped 450 Bushmaster brass and is cleaned with the primers removed I am getting on average 163 grains on the new brass and 172 on the old stuff that came with the upper I thought that was strange and thought I would see if anyone els has ran into this.
Ed
Edward78

Postby Siringo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Odd, most of my empties are primed and none way over 170 grains. I sampled the 4 groups of brass that I have accumulated over the past couple of years. Weights were all towards your lower end.

i would just keep them separated and not mix them. Save the heavier ones for light loads. How many do you have???
Siringo

Postby Edward78 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Siringo wrote:Odd, most of my empties are primed and none way over 170 grains. I sampled the 4 groups of brass that I have accumulated over the past couple of years. Weights were all toward your lower end.

i would just keep them separated and not mix them. Save the heavier ones for light loads. How many do you have???

I have 25 rounds of the older stuff lot number 3071543. Yeah I will find something for them maybe use them to work up my 300 XTP Mag loads and just stick with them for that bullet or just some plinking rounds for down the range. Use the other 70 I have for 250 grain Factory style loads.
Ed
Edward78

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b