Sizing die

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Sizing die

Postby wildcatter » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:14 am

Al in Mi wrote:looks like the case mouth is belled a little, will it still chamber?

And all with an Exacto Knife!! But Al is right, measure that case mouth, might need a little tweaking, which could be done with the resizer die..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby the_mad_rshn » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Al in Mi wrote:looks like the case mouth is belled a little, will it still chamber?

It is .482". But I think it is due to the fact that I am using 45-70 sizing die and not the .284 or 450 BM. It chambers just fine.

Cheers,
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Postby wildcatter » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:23 pm

the_mad_rshn wrote:

It is .482". But I think it is due to the fact that I am using 45-70 sizing die and not the .284 or 450 BM. It chambers just fine.

Cheers,

Ok, we can't argue what works. You might want to get a used 45acp crimp die, for the last stage after you do your LeGendre Side Crimp. Don't over crimp with the acp die, but use it to make the load more pallet-able for us Jaundiced eyed and allow for a little more dirt build-up, but if your happy after several hundreds rounds of trouble free service, then I'm with you..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby gunnut » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:23 pm

I had the same thing happen. I just used the hornady tapper crimp to lightly dress them up. With a seated and crimped round in the ram, run it up and screw the hornady tapper crimp in hand tight only. should be enough to dress it up. Makes for a nice looking round and doesn't effect the side crimp.
gunnut

Postby gunnut » Wed May 12, 2010 10:38 pm

If your using a spray on case lube, Might want to let them warm up to room temp for a few minutes. Just noticed how cold they are just after spraying.
gunnut

Postby the_mad_rshn » Wed May 12, 2010 10:45 pm

wildcatter wrote:
the_mad_rshn wrote:

Cheers,

Ok, we can't argue what works. You might want to get a used 45acp crimp die, for the last stage after you do your LeGendre Side Crimp. Don't over crimp with the acp die, but use it to make the load more pallet-able for us Jaundiced eyed and allow for a little more dirt build-up, but if your happy after several hundreds rounds of trouble free service, then I'm with you..

Sorry I missed this post.

It works just fine, so I really think I am OK with my current crimping :-) The only stuff that dont work well in my baby-gun is the lead bullets (unfortunately)
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b