MOVE FAST GUYS! Blems are back!

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: MOVE FAST GUYS! Blems are back!

Postby Hoot » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:49 am

Another good value are these 240gr Hornady XTP Mag 2nds for 21 cents each.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Hoot » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:06 am

Here's a pretty good deal for 250gr FTX equivalent, bulk packaged bullets. I've bought these before and they shoot just like the Hornady ones at $.42 each as opposed to the Hornady's at $.60 each. The 240 XTP Mags mentioned in the previous post are still available at $.21 each (better deal IMHO)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Al in Mi » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:49 am

the sole review on those suggest they are not the mag version, but for plinking ammo, might not make a difference.
Al in Mi

Postby Hoot » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:17 am

Al in Mi wrote:the sole review on those suggest they are not the mag version, but for plinking ammo, might not make a difference.

I assume you're referring to my reference to the 240 XTP Mag not the 250 FTX look-alike?

I was going on the image as I have some actual Hornady 240 XTP Mags. Also, if you search Midway for any .452 jacketed bullet weighing 240gr, you will only get one hit and that's the .452 XTP Mag. Their non-Mag .452 jacketed Hollow Point is 250 gr. However, if someone has sliced one open and laid it alongside the actual Hornady product , also sliced open to show the difference, then I yield to that over my more speculative approach. ;)

Hoot
Hoot

Postby Specter23 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:14 pm

For the 240s (going on the pic also) I would say xtp mag. I ordered the 300gr xtp that they had. I know they say you can't trust the pic, but the pic for the 300gr showed 2 canneluers and that's what I got. Looking at hornadys site, two canneluers means xtp and one means xtp mag - at least for the 300grn ones. Hornady only makes 240 in xtp mag, and 250 HP only in xtp. Max velocity for the 300gr xtp is 1700fps. I was a little disappointed I didn't pay more attention, but I got them as plinking ammo for my father to practice, so a slightly lighter load shouldn't be a problem.

Last time I ordered the 250s they were the zombie green, this time yellow!
- mainly practice ammo for my father.

Specter23

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:11 pm

Hoot wrote:
Al in Mi wrote:the sole review on those suggest they are not the mag version, but for plinking ammo, might not make a difference.

I assume you're referring to my reference to the 240 XTP Mag not the 250 FTX look-alike?

I was going on the image as I have some actual Hornady 240 XTP Mags. Also, if you search Midway for any .452 jacketed bullet weighing 240gr, you will only get one hit and that's the .452 XTP Mag. Their non-Mag .452 jacketed Hollow Point is 250 gr. However, if someone has sliced one open and laid it alongside the actual Hornady product , also sliced open to show the difference, then I yield to that over my more speculative approach. ;)

Hoot

If they have them next week when I order I'll pick a box up and see what they are. I was just referring to what the one review said. Well guess not, looks like they are gone.

Spector, don't discount those 300gr for hunting. I shot a couple of deer with them from my smokeless muzzleloader, 50-60yds behind the shoulder DRT with pass thrus. I never chronoed them 300gr, but guessing they were in the 2100-2200fps range.
Al in Mi

Postby lungingturtle2 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:08 am

For those of you that missed out on the blems, Widener's has Armscor 230 gr. FMJ brass colored bullets for $109.00 per thousand with prepaid shipping. They may not be the most accurate bullets but make good plinking ammo thats cheaper than lead plus prepaid shipping. I plan to use them mainly in my Colt .45 ACP., but will try them in my Bushmaster. Don't think you will find a better deal, get em while you can. Mike.
lungingturtle2

Postby pnw » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:33 pm

Please let us know how the Armscor FMJs work out for accuracy.
pnw

Postby lungingturtle2 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:08 pm

There should be some knowledgeable experts on this forum that have tested these armscor bullets. It's going to be a while before I get to the range due to medical issues. (getting old sucks, but better than the alternative) Mike.
lungingturtle2

Postby Hoot » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Midway has 50 count boxes of 250gr FTX bullets for $21.00 per box of 50. I have some of these right now and they're for all intent and purpose, Hornady 250gr FTX bullets. If you're saving your brass for reloading, here's a great way to duplicate factory loads.

Hoot
Hoot

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b