I wish it would stop snowing!!

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

I wish it would stop snowing!!

Postby Stealthshooter » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:50 pm

I've got some shooting to do it needs to stop snowing! I've got my 300 grain hybrid bullets my 340 grain round nose and the Barnes 290 grainers to shoot!

Stealthshooter

Re: I wish it would stop snowing!!

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:00 am

OK, I'll bite...what's the story with the "BB-head" boolits in the picture there?
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 am

commander faschisto wrote:OK, I'll bite...what's the story with the "BB-head" boolits in the picture there?

It's a phase we go through... ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Stealthshooter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:21 pm

LOL they are some bullets I swaged using 45acp cases. I used the air soft BB as a type of ballistic tip. I really hope they shoot well because they are inexpensive to make and I enjoy doing it. The round nose are also swaged from 45acp cased just with more lead and a dif nose former.

Stealthshooter

Postby wildcatter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Stealthshooter wrote:LOL they are some bullets I swaged using 45acp cases. I used the air soft BB as a type of ballistic tip. I really hope they shoot well because they are inexpensive to make and I enjoy doing it. The round nose are also swaged from 45acp cased just with more lead and a dif nose former.

Now that's a mighty fine bullet there. Now mass produce them in .458" and sell'em over at ARFCOM, to all those .458 down-trodden Camp Followers and you'll make a killing..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:03 pm

I love tinkering with new ideas and I'm as much a Walter Mittey guy as the next. When the fired brass bullet craze went through here the last time, I fabricated some, loaded and shot them. Forget about accuracy and consistency. They were a lot of touch labor to make and do a god job of. Like other interesting tangents spawned on this forum, the homebrew bullet pursuit went to the way side. You can find the threads. I ultimately found that 40 S&W required the least touch labor and the least resizing after swaging. .44 Mag was a close second, but had to be cut down. It was however a fun endeavor and yet another learning opportunity.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Hog Blasters!

I just wished the wind would stop blowing. Today, I lost some siding on the south side and a 2 ft X 3 ft section of shingles off my house. My roofer came out and fixed the roof, but I've got to fix the siding tomorrow before the storms hit.
I HATE winds higher than 10 MPH.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Stealthshooter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 pm

You would hate it here right now. Winds in the 30-40 mph range and snowing. This is one of the best/worst storms of the winter I just heard a plow drive by. We have to travel tomorrow so a doctor can pic on me for 4 hours and then again wed for another 4 hours. I hope it clears up because my wife is driving and the bad roads make her nervous.
Stealthshooter

Postby Stealthshooter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:53 pm

PS if you wanted to try some of these on hogs or just to try them is be happy to send you some.
Stealthshooter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:26 am

I may be interested in some 300s. But go ahead and send a few down range and develop a good starting load. I use LilGun and 296 and I am going to look I to finding some of the (1680?) powder that WC, Gunny and Hoot talk about. That way, you can just send the bullets as a component and not have to worry about HAZ MAT charges.
Thanks for the offer. We might even send one through that 7/16" plate.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Next

Return to Reloading for the 450b