Reloading Dies

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Reloading Dies

Postby pitted bore » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:29 am

southernshiver wrote:Bob,
Where can I find instructions on producing the tappered crimp? Thanks for your input also.

southernshiver-
In this forum from last December there is a thread with a post I wrote giving some instructions for using the taper crimp die. Hoot, wildcatter, and Jim-in-Houston made some valuable additional comments.

You can find them by following this link, and looking for my post from Dec 12, 2012 9:36 pm. Then read the follow-up comments, especially the one from Hoot: Hornady Taper Crimp Die Instructions.

Please ask more questions if this is not clear.
--Bob
pitted bore

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:58 pm

pitted bore wrote:
southernshiver wrote:Bob,
Where can I find instructions on producing the tappered crimp? Thanks for your input also.

southernshiver-
In this forum from last December there is a thread with a post I wrote giving some instructions for using the taper crimp die. Hoot, wildcatter, and Jim-in-Houston made some valuable additional comments.

You can find them by following this link, and looking for my post from Dec 12, 2012 9:36 pm. Then read the follow-up comments, especially the one from Hoot: Hornady Taper Crimp Die Instructions.

Please ask more questions if this is not clear.
--Bob

Don't let Bad Bobber Fool ya,! He's so bad he does all manor of crimps by biting down on the cartridge..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby southernshiver » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Bob,
Thanks I think with that info I'll be able to handle this. I actually copied and pasted that into a word document and printed it to hang up in my WarRoom (reloading and building room) for reference. Posted a pic of my build in the AR forum on here. Added a bipod and used another's idea of turning it around backwards. Just looking for a good optic now.

Wildcatter,
I'ld be interested in trying a few of these Bad Bob Bite Crimps that you speak of. :lol:
- SouthernShiver
CS

"Don't die for your country. Let the sorry SOB on the other side die for his."
"Gain and maintain fire superiority!"
southernshiver

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:09 am

pitted bore wrote:
Jim in Houston wrote:Hi Jim-
I'll bet you won't be able to find the instructions for the taper crimp die. Remember your post from April 2011 in this thread: Okay... ready to start reloading for the Hornady 250 FTX ?

Wow! Senility must be setting in. I guess I knew more about what I didn't know than I now know about what I do know.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b