Remington ammo

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Remington ammo

Postby longnkrnch » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Anyone tried the Remington 450 ammo? How accurate is it, and how does the brass compare to the Hornady for reloading?
longnkrnch

Re: Remington ammo

Postby kottke_35 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:44 am

There has been some inconsistencies with the Remington ammo in the past. Several have recorded their observations on the forum. A main point was the crimp not being consistent. Can't speak to the brass issue.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Hoot » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:33 pm

In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:43 am

Just saw some Remmy 450b 260gr green-tips in stock at local Academy Sports (imagine my surprise!)...looks like they may have actually listened to someone about the crappy QA they did on their previous runs. This run has a very clear and consistent taper on the case mouths; I checked several boxes. Didn't see any weirdness like last time. This should be a vast improvement on the original runs as far as consistent velocity and accuracy are concerned. Bought one box to see how it does...will advise.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:01 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Just saw some Remmy 450b 260gr green-tips in stock at local Academy Sports (imagine my surprise!)...looks like they may have actually listened to someone about the crappy QA they did on their previous runs. This run has a very clear and consistent taper on the case mouths; I checked several boxes. Didn't see any weirdness like last time. This should be a vast improvement on the original runs as far as consistent velocity and accuracy are concerned. Bought one box to see how it does...will advise.

I forget who, perhaps you CF, that followed up my original post with that revelation either earlier this year or even last year.
Everyone deserves a second chance. Personally, those tips look like they should have come in a Cracker Jacks box, but to each his own. Guess they had to get something green in there. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:24 pm

These boolits are actually from their 50 cal black powder sabot rounds, which started life with the vented green plastic tips (something to do with aerodynamics, which escapes me now...).

I forgot to mention in the previous post that this new run from Remmy has a pretty good snuggie at the crimp...the one's I've measured (one box) at the case mouth are all right at .470", which is pretty tight, I think....

From what I understand, Big Green is only doing a "seasonal" run of 450b every year, so if you see 'em, you better buy 'em, because they won't be back until next Fall...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Return to Reloading for the 450b