Sierra TournamentMaster 45 CAL 200 gr. FPJ

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Sierra TournamentMaster 45 CAL 200 gr. FPJ

Postby kottke_35 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:35 pm

In hopes of sparking some discussion around here, has anybody tried these yet?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/reloading/bullets/sierra-tournamentmaster-45-cal-200-gr-fpj-match-100ct.html

I know some people have had good luck with the flat point bullets from Hornady. Wonder how these would hold up? It appears to me that these bullets are jacketed. "

As quoted by the Sierra website-
Full Profile Jacket (FPJ) is a design concept featuring a thick, tough jacket that covers the entire profile of the bullet. Intended for maximum momentum transfer to steel targets, this design generates good dwell time on the target for maximum "push." The heavy base is fully enclosed to withstand the high pressures of magnum loads and maintain "match" accuracy. The unique upset qualities of this design and strict dimensional tolerances combine to provide unsurpassed accuracy and performance. The FPJ design is a silhouette bullet with some hunting applications where deep penetration and minimal expansion are desired"

Feel free to chime in with your thoughts or experience. It would be nice to see some action around these neck of the woods. It's been rather dead lately.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Re: Sierra TournamentMaster 45 CAL 200 gr. FPJ

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:16 am

Bryan, I use that same style bullet in my 357 Mag. S&W 586 pistol 6" For dangerous game (bear), as a backup when I hunted in CO I shot a Mulie with this bullet and it hit him just behind the ribs on his right side and exited his chest with a hole about the size of a tennis ball. It was a 180 grain. As for shooting them in a 450 Bushmaster at 200 grains and being a .452", I wouldn't hesitate on giving them a whirl.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Reloading for the 450b