275 XPB Muzzle velocity

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

275 XPB Muzzle velocity

Postby Mort » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:17 am

Need some help please. Chrony broke and I need a real world muzzle velocity for the 275 XPB over 40 grains Lil Gun out of a 20 inch barrel. Most of Hoots charts are gone and I can't seem to find anything for this particular load. I started at 36 grains and have worked up to 40. Accuracy is sub MOA with zero pressure sign and is still very comfortable to shoot. With the corn still up I can't move out past 100 yards yet but want to get the book drops estimated out to 350 yds or so. When the corn comes down I will shoot actual yardages but want to play with the math first. Thanks in advance!
Mort

Re: 275 XPB Muzzle velocity

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:40 pm

If Remmy ever produces any 450b "Hog Hammer" ammo, as they've listed, its using basically that bullet at 2125 fps...who knows what powder, though. Not sure that's any help or not....what happened to Hoot's workup on the 275gr xpb, I wonder....?"???
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Re: 275 XPB Muzzle velocity

Postby Hoot » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:49 am

commander faschisto wrote:If Remmy ever produces any 450b "Hog Hammer" ammo, as they've listed, its using basically that bullet at 2125 fps...who knows what powder, though. Not sure that's any help or not....what happened to Hoot's workup on the 275gr xpb, I wonder....?"???

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Cloud based storage is not limitless nor is the cost to make it accessible upon request. When you put images onto Tiny Pic, or some other apparently free online storage, what determines how long they remain there is how often they are accessed. When you click on a thread and view it, a copy of the associated images is requested from the storage location where it was saved online. They are then transferred to your browser's cache (local storage) in case you wish to view them again in the near future. If the cache is cleared, for whatever reason, the next time you view the images, they have to be retrieved from their location in the cloud again.

You can purchase permanent storage in the cloud and most customers are given some as a function of their subscription cost from their local ISP. The term purchase can mean a monetary transaction or simply creating an account with an online cloud service. If you read the small print in the user agreement, you will find that it allows the provider to share certain aspects of your browsing behavior to commercial data miners, which is a burgeoning industry. That pays for your storage. Other times, it is covered by advertisement fees charged to customers who's ads pop up when someone uses the cloud provider's service to view those images. However way it is obtained, someone is paying for your storage.

So, if no one is interested enough in the thread that contains your images, to access it for some amount of time, set by the provider, then it is flushed to make room for images that are more in demand. Storage space and the pipeline to access it costs money to maintain. Simple supply-demand economics.

Many of my cloud based images associated with this forum are 3-4 years old. While their pertinence to our interest have not changed, the demand for them has. You either use it or you lose it.

Like you, I have an ISP which I pay every month to provide me with internet access. My particular one gives me somewhere around 10 gigabytes of storage on some server of theirs. Some of my images related to threads are stored there, but most are on Tiny Pic. Most of them, I store on a thumb drive as well. Some of the images on my thumb drives are arranged by folders with identifiable names related to the threads and some are not. I recognized the disappearing image problem over a year ago and vowed that if I had a list of images linked to in threads, I would go back and upload them to my ISP storage. I would then find the threads where they were embedded and re-link the images to their new location. It's a lot of work given the number of forums I participate in and no doubt, it would quickly gobble up my ISP based storage space. Perhaps there is some crawler application out there that can catalog all of a person's linked images, both broken and live, then generate a report on them. I don't know if one exists or whether I care to spend several hours a night for several months, rebuilding those links in those 20 or so forums that I am or have been active in. Add to that, I change ISPs every few years to get my best value. The images stored on one will eventually be flushed once I leave that service for another. So re-linked images may have to be uploaded again and again.

Nothing gripes my ash like clicking on a link I harvested from a Google search, only to discover it has died over time. I know the pain... :|

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to Reloading for the 450b