450 Bushmaster brass

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: 450 Bushmaster brass

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:18 am

Your luck with 22LR is an isolated one. We haven't seen 22LRs on the shelves at reasonable prices here for at least three years.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BW460 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:14 am

I ordered a few more boxes of ammo from PSA on March 4. It arrived at my door yesterday, March 14. Not bad.

Woody
BW460

Postby wildcatter » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Your luck with 22LR is an isolated one. We haven't seen 22LRs on the shelves at reasonable prices here for at least three years.

TSD,

I don't think it's so isolated, but it ain't up to Par yet either. I was all over the western states, just recently, as you know, and I saw 22lr on the shelves everywhere I went. I guess the point is things are starting to return to normal, Kinda-Sorta??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:41 am

What I saw last month when I stopped by CTD in McKinney.... Well the inventory on the shelves was "fair". But the prices were tripled in comparison to pre 2006 levels. To me, that indicates a real problem still exists... Somewhere. I'll let all of you decide, but while I still have thousands of rounds of 22 rim fire in my inventory, sporting price tags of the good old days, it's a constant reminder that gouging will remain as long as there is a shortage. Gouging remains.... Therefore, there must still be a shortage. Either perceived or real, there is still a crisis on 22 rimfire ammo.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:What I saw last month when I stopped by CTD in McKinney.... Well the inventory on the shelves was "fair". But the prices were tripled in comparison to pre 2006 levels. To me, that indicates a real problem still exists... Somewhere. I'll let all of you decide, but while I still have thousands of rounds of 22 rim fire in my inventory, sporting price tags of the good old days, it's a constant reminder that gouging will remain as long as there is a shortage. Gouging remains.... Therefore, there must still be a shortage. Either perceived or real, there is still a crisis on 22 rimfire ammo.

Tex,

Well, I have to agree with you. But even the gouging is getting better a little, some hopefully sooner than latter.

At both my Myers and Wal-Mart have nearly full shelves, so at least regionally some improvement is occurring. Which is another sign. But this is going to be an ongoing process for many-many months, to fully recover, that is if the TSD's Favorite Uncle Barry stays in his Cage, if not, then all bets are off..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Use quotation marks while speaking cheeky like that. He is NOT my bloody uncle! LOL.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Nosparks » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:51 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:What I saw last month when I stopped by CTD in McKinney.... Well the inventory on the shelves was "fair". But the prices were tripled in comparison to pre 2006 levels. To me, that indicates a real problem still exists... Somewhere. I'll let all of you decide, but while I still have thousands of rounds of 22 rim fire in my inventory, sporting price tags of the good old days, it's a constant reminder that gouging will remain as long as there is a shortage. Gouging remains.... Therefore, there must still be a shortage. Either perceived or real, there is still a crisis on 22 rimfire ammo.

I don't think you will ever see 2006 prices again. Nor will we see gas prices at 1970 prices ever again. Once a price goes up it tends to stay up. It may not stay at its peak, but it won't fall far. It's not the manufactures fault for this, its the distributor.

And I haven't seen 22lr near Daytona Beach Florida for at least a year.
Nosparks

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:26 pm

Seems to be back in stock in a number of places online...as of 04/30/2016, anyway. Somewhat less than $1 per case, in most cases.

Strangely enough, Midway seems to have the best price...?
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Jim in Houston » Fri May 13, 2016 5:45 pm

I checked with my local Academy sports and outdoor store recently. They say that while 22lr ammunition is available, it is available at a price of about $0.10 per round. When they get in bulk ammo at a reduced price, people are lined up at the counter as the store opens to buy it up. They repackage it and sell it in small lots at gun shows for, you guessed it, $0.10 per round.

You either have to be there when the store opens, or cultivate a relationship with the sales person at the ammunition counter, so that he will put aside a couple of bricks for you, when the new shipments arrive.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby plant_one » Fri May 13, 2016 10:55 pm

cabela's has been getting in 500 round bricks of thunderbolts around here. limit 1200 rounds a day or one package over that size. shelves full of them.

i saw the 1400 round golden bullet bucktes on the shelf at the same time.

it showing back up
plant_one

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b