shoulder tenderizer ready to be applied

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

shoulder tenderizer ready to be applied

Postby plant_one » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:37 pm

test ladders all set, now just to wait for the weather to break.

with only 100 pcs of brass to work with these arent full min to max ladders. i started at max and went down .5 grains per step until i was at least 5½ grains down from max.

240 XTP mag on the left
250 FTX in the middle
300 XTP mag on the right.

all loaded over lil gun. once i recycle this brass around the block again, ill get the D0-63 out for the 300's and see how that does with the heavies compared to 1680.

plant_one

Re: shoulder tenderizer ready to be applied

Postby Hoot » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:34 pm

Lots of good learning opportunities there.

Good to see I wasn't the only weather refugee toiling inside today. I only stopped to watch the always disappointing Twins lose another game. :roll:

I didn't emerge with any loads, but got almost all my 450b brass sorted after pin tumbling it all to the same starting point.

Here's to looking forward to a break in the weather coming later in the week. Image

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby plant_one » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:50 pm

ya. fair amount of data fodder to add to my spreadsheet. the magnetospeed will be along for the tour.
plant_one

Postby plant_one » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:47 pm

so i got her all dialed in on sunday. Was on paper witht he first shot, flipped the gong over a few squeezes later down at 60 yds.

had trouble with my magnetospeed - first time ever - couldn't even get factory loads to read. come to find out they're not kidding when they say proper proximity and alignment with the bore is key. I guess sitting at home on the kitchen table a couple hours drive away is too far :shock: :oops: :oops:

so i'm hoping the weather will clear this weekend and i can go to Pontiac Lake and shoot my handloads there and get these ladders out of the way. Its supposed to be mid 60's or a little better, and calm. so keeping my fingers crossed.

with the weight, it still kicks like a pissed off mule that i expected, but the brass i did fire looks awesome! no swipes or extractor claw marks or anything. The CCWS heald nicely, and totally controlled any lock times issues that may have been present otherwise.

i did get to spend the weekend killin critters with my rimfires, so all in all it worked out well.
plant_one

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:30 am

if you want near zippo for recoil with what you've done, add one of Ross's or Nathans brakes. My 16" is a jewel to shoot, GF and daughter have no problem standing or off the bench with it.

Nathan has a new beast brake that doesn't have top holes, so timing could be done pretty easy with a sticky back PSA sanding pad on a flat surface. Depending on where Ross's brake clocked, you could do the same if it were close.

Some have used Teflon tape, and as you have found, finding peel washers sorta a bugger at times.
Al in Mi

Postby plant_one » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:29 am

i have a ross on it already. it came with one when i bought it (used).

the recoil doesnt bother me, i've tangled with a 50 beowulf a friend has for a couple years now, and grew up behind a 10 gauge, and dad has an H&R ultralight hunter 12 gauge that kicks worse than this does. it was more of an observation than a gripe :) i still think i'm going to get a BTE adjustable gas block though to reduce the long term wear and tear on my lower.

the person who installed the ross brake origionally used black permatex on it to index it - i didnt discover it until i went to remove it and was like... well lookie here...

i used the same thing when i put it back in place and it worked great and has held so far. i'll keep ya'll posted on how it holds up.
plant_one

Postby m113103 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:50 pm

does anyone have experience with this?
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Rapid-Threa ... TMBFB-458/

:D
m113103

Return to Reloading for the 450b