Thinking about cannelure on 230g FMJs and 250FTX

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Thinking about cannelure on 230g FMJs and 250FTX

Postby Bowshot58 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:42 am

Hello guys,
Hoot - Thanks again for all that you do for the group Hoot! My family and I appreciate your efforts several of us are using the 450 BM ARs...
Quick question -did you single shot load your rifle for the tests of 230g RN or load from the magazine? When I try to test these I will single shot load them at first to eliminate bullet pull from the inertia etc.

Thanks!
Duane
Bowshot58

Re: Thinking about cannelure on 230g FMJs and 250FTX

Postby Hoot » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:55 am

Bowshot58 wrote:Hello guys,
Hoot - Thanks again for all that you do for the group Hoot! My family and I appreciate your efforts several of us are using the 450 BM ARs...
Quick question -did you single shot load your rifle for the tests of 230g RN or load from the magazine? When I try to test these I will single shot load them at first to eliminate bullet pull from the inertia etc.

Thanks!
Duane

while my philanthropy is glimpsed occasionally, I really do get my jollies performing work on this and other calibers. Its a labor (most times) of love.
All my load testing is performed using single round load, eased as best as possible into battery. I'm not turned on by rapid mag dumping. I do test for 5 round reliable cycling on occasion, but that's not shooting for either velocity or accuracy recording. When I perform reliable cycling tests, it generally using a known good behaving recipe. I have on occasion, extracted a slam-chambered, unfired round to see if it has pulled, but more as a curiosity rather than quantifying an event.

John
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b