Shooters World Blackout powder ?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Shooters World Blackout powder ?

Postby pnw » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:14 am

Anyone try this powder in the 450?

Designed for the 300 BO and similar to 1680. Early test reports from the YETI (shortened 308 necked to 358) show higher velocity with lower pressure than LG and 1680...so the powder seems to like straight or near-straight walled ammo. Gonna order some in a couple of weeks...just don't know how much of it!
pnw

Re: Shooters World Blackout powder ?

Postby plant_one » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:33 pm

i run lovex do-63.1 in my blackout. havent got to shoot any in the 450 *yet*

shooters world blackout is d0-63.2, nearly identical stuff.

its a very clean powder, even when shot suppressed.

it is a little faster than 1680, i had to reduce my loads by roughly 0.3gr to maintain subsonic velocity's when using 1680 data and 208 amax.

when i get my guns out of their winter hibernation, one of my early tests is going to be 300gr XTP's with it, just to see where its at in a big bore :)

as i understand it, lovex used to make 1680 for AA and lost the contract somewhere along the way (just like hodgdon buys a bunch of powder from ADI in Australia ). do-63 is their equivalent, probably modified just enough in its composition to avoid any infringement.

supposedly it does well in 7.62x39 too, but ive never messed with reloading that since steel blasting ammo is so cheap.
plant_one

Postby Hoot » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:58 am

I have a 7.62x40WT, the big brother of the 300 BO and could not use Lil Gun in it because it was a little too fast. About the time I had the velocity up to 7.62x51 CETME, it would blow primers. 1680 however was smack dab in the sweet zone and has been my go to power for that caliber. If Shooters World BO or Hodgdon 300 BO starts showing up on the shelves locally, I plan on giving it a run for the money. Findig the time do devote to it may be a greater challenge as I have powder and a long list of bullets to flesh out in the 30 RAR once we get out of the deep freeze.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby plant_one » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:55 am

i'd be interested in testing the hogdon 300 blk stuff too - a CFE type powder for the caliber and similar seems promising.

however i'm fairly sure its not lovex stuff rebranded - although right now i dont think anyone but hogdon knows exactly what it is. there's' been some subsonic testing done with it over on the BLK forum iirc, cant recall how much supersonic testing has been done or if anyone is tinkering with it in other calibers yet.
plant_one

Return to Reloading for the 450b