Maximus???

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: Maximus???

Postby Hoot » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:30 am

Yotehunter243 wrote:I know I know but they are 100 bucks a box lol

Here's a picture of their 44 cal 250gr Maximus. My guess is the 45 cal version looks similar.

Look familiar? There's only so many ways to spin an all copper 45 cal bullet. You can sell it like its the second coming, but there is a point of diminishing return.

Aside from some unique, exotic material, barrier defeating bullet for folks who kick down doors or stop charging cars for a living, there is no defense for bullets in excess of a buck a try. Not very long ago, I would have gone as far as limiting that value to 60¢, as in the FTX product line but I grew tired of finding bits of the neurotoxin Lead in my venison. So, now it's the Barnes all copper XPB. If you want a good deal on affordable all copper bullets, keep an eye out for more of these:

Even if you have to cull out a few bad ones, it's still a steal.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Yotehunter243 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:03 pm

Think I'll try them
Yotehunter243

Postby Yotehunter243 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:10 pm

Hoot wrote:
Yotehunter243 wrote:I know I know but they are 100 bucks a box lol

Here's a picture of their 44 cal 250gr Maximus. My guess is the 45 cal version looks similar.

https://cuttingedgebullets.com/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/7c9f9ae955065b87cc0d84353f1b2785/m/z/mzl_maximus_50_250gr.jpg

Look familiar? There's only so many ways to spin an all copper 45 cal bullet. You can sell it like its the second coming, but there is a point of diminishing return.

Aside from some unique, exotic material, barrier defeating bullet for folks who kick down doors or stop charging cars for a living, there is no defense for bullets in excess of a buck a try. Not very long ago, I would have gone as far as limiting that value to 60¢, as in the FTX product line but I grew tired of finding bits of the neurotoxin Lead in my venison. So, now it's the Barnes all copper XPB. If you want a good deal on affordable all copper bullets, keep an eye out for more of these:

https://s6.postimg.org/ys4cks7i9/allcopper250ftx.jpg

Even if you have to cull out a few bad ones, it's still a steal.

Hoot

Thanks for the info. I prefer to hunt deer with a copper bullet. Our property is so thick and surrounded by the river on 3 sides I want everyone chance possible for an exit to help blood trails. My brother shot a 200lb buck this year at 20 yards with dad's 450 and factory ammo. The hornady splashed on the shoulder collapsing the deers chest. He didn't bleed much and crawled 60 yards before my brother got on him to shoot him again. I shot my buck at less than 30 yards with the Barnes and it destroyed everything and obviously blew plumb thru him.

Edited for size -Hoot
Yotehunter243

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b