Midway has 225gr FTX for 28¢ each

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Midway has 225gr FTX for 28¢ each

Postby Hoot » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:37 am

Link Here

From my personal experience, the most accurate bullet in the AR15, 1:24 twist 450b

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Midway has 225gr FTX for 28¢ each

Postby Thom28 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:48 pm

Hoot,
I have the 9th edition Hornady manual and there is no information on reloading this bullet in the 450bm. Where can I find reloading information for this?
Thom
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Postby Hoot » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:43 pm

Thom28 wrote:Hoot,
I have the 9th edition Hornady manual and there is no information on reloading this bullet in the 450bm. Where can I find reloading information for this?
Thom

Thom;

Not all the reloading information of use to our 450b members is found in published books or online reloading sites. We're just not that big a crowd. You can however find all kinds of information here on the 225 FTX.

Go to Google and enter this search term site:450bushmaster.net "225 FTX" Just like the bold text is entered to the left. That will produce 131 or so hits. Start reading back on May 21, 2010 on the experiment "225 FTX - Going the other way too". Named because everyone was looking at higher weight projectiles than the factory 250, but I looked lower, starting with the experiment named "200 FTX - Going the other way" about a month before the 225 FTX experiment. Both bullets are excellent performers, reaching excellent velocities and grouping well at 100 yards. As Newton would suggest, recoil is considerably less than heavier bullets but they're still highly lethal. Both of those weight bullets play to the strengths of Lil Gun. With my 20" barrel, I have observed three accuracy nodes though truth be told, the 225 was pretty accurate across the entire load range in the article. Just a little better at 36gr, 38gr and 41gr.

Google's site: feature is an excellent way to find threads and posts in any forum. It certainly eclipses the native search function built into our forum here.

Hoot

EDIT: Lest I forget, if you haven't already done so, check out this article as well on the .452 FTX family. Link Here
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Thom28 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:42 pm

Hoot,
Thanks for posting the links. A lot of reading, but well worth the time for the amount of information it provided. Thank you for all the time and experimentation you and others have done.
Now I need to place an order with Midway for some 225FTX bullets.
I have plenty of Remington 7 1/2 primers and a 4# canister of Lil Gun on hand.
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Return to Reloading for the 450b