Midway has Hornady 230fmj bullets on sale

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Midway has Hornady 230fmj bullets on sale

Postby Hoot » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:56 pm

I've reloaded these and they are better finished than the Magtech's I've also loaded. $18.99 per 100. While I'm not a fan of the round nose 230fmj bullets, if you are, this is a good deal. They have a lot of Hornady bullets on sale right now, so stack your items and reduce the overall cost of shipping for any one of them.

Truth be told, I am not a fan of these bullets in the 450b. I have yet to try the truncated fmj version though, only the round nose. To each his own. For ease of loading and superior accuracy, I'd rather add a nickel a round and get the 225 FTX when on sale. Much easier on the pride when approaching the target board. ;)
In the past, even recent past, Midway has had the 225 FTX on sale under factory seconds, in bulk quantities for less than the fmj's normally go for. Watch for them and be ready to pounce as the factory seconds go fast. I check the Midway site for "factory second bullets" once or twice a day, every day.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Midway has Hornady 230fmj bullets on sale

Postby commander faschisto » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Dittos on the 225 FTXs...my factory 20" AR rig loves those things.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Re: Midway has Hornady 230fmj bullets on sale

Postby Hoot » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 am

commander faschisto wrote:Dittos on the 225 FTXs...my factory 20" AR rig loves those things.

FWIW the 225's are on sale also, but not a spectacular price. Of course, with prices continuously rising these days, who's to say whats normal?

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to Reloading for the 450b