Handloader Oct 2009 addendum

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Handloader Oct 2009 addendum

Postby halfslow » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:11 pm

This month's Handloader (Oct 2009) is packaged with a 12 page booklet titled "AR-Tactical Loads".
It is a loading manual for all the cartridges the AR-15 is available in. There are actually 8 pages of load data.

The data is from http://www.loaddata.com.

It appears that this web page is a subscription service, so here are all the 450 bushmaster loads you can't see without paying, printed out for you.
halfslow

Re: Handloader Oct 2009 addendum

Postby MudBug » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:41 pm

Holy cow. If you run a search for 450 Bushmaster they have 100 loads listed.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby thatguy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:04 pm

halfslow wrote:This month's Handloader (Oct 2009) is packaged with a 12 page booklet titled "AR-Tactical Loads".
It is a loading manual for all the cartridges the AR-15 is available in. There are actually 8 pages of load data.

It appears that this web page is a subscription service, so here are all the 450 bushmaster loads you can't see without paying, printed out for you.

ok im new here and still figuring out the board.. BUT did you post the loads? I dont see a link

thanks

b
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Loaddata.com is owned and operated by Wolf publishing the same folks who own Handloader magazine. All loads on this site are from Bullet or Powder manufactures and I believe there are some from Lyman. The information is checked and updated continuously. It is also very likely that as manufactures test and approve new loads for there particular bullet/powder you will see them there long before they publish there next reload manual.

Source: http://forum.pafoa.org/ammunition-reloading-25/54809-www-loaddata-com.html
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby wildcatter » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:27 am

halfslow wrote:This month's Handloader (Oct 2009) is packaged with a 12 page booklet titled "AR-Tactical Loads".

Ok, and I can't see them either? But in any event we are getting the coverage. Speaking of coverage, "AND" I can't spill the beans just yet, but something is going to be introduced, for us, at the SHOT SHOW in January that will knock your socks off. You will definitely be pleased and excited..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby thatguy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:24 am

wildcatter wrote:

Ok, and I can't see them either? But in any event we are getting the coverage. Speaking of coverage, "AND" I can't spill the beans just yet, but something is going to be introduced, for us, at the SHOT SHOW in January that will knock your socks off. You will definitely be pleased and excited..

Wildcatter, you are a tease.. AND dont make me hate you by coming out with something way cooler than the upper I just bought.. I dont want to get buyers remorse BEFORE i even get to shoot mine.. LOL
Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby pitted bore » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:29 am

I'm guessing that halfslow meant that the booklet that comes with the October issue of Handloader contains the loading data.
--Bob
pitted bore

Postby thatguy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:47 pm

Now that you pointed it out pitted bore, and I reread his post I think you are correct, I misread that thinking he was posting it here.. hehe

Brian
thatguy

Postby halfslow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Wow, looks like I oughta go into politics.
That post can be read several ways.

Pitted bore is correct. The addendum is a printed partial listing of the online loads.

I hope no one takes it personally, but I didn't think it was appropriate to scan the 450 BM page yet. The issue just came out a few weeks ago.

The 250 FTX loadings in the addendum are exactly the same as on the Hornady website:
http://www.hornady.com/media/ftx_load_d ... er_ftx.pdf

The loads for the 240 XTP/MAG and 300 XTP/MAG in the addendum are credited to Hornady as well.
halfslow

Postby pitted bore » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:32 pm

halfslow-

I haven't received that issue yet. Did the addendum contain any 450B loads for any but the 240-, 250- and 300-grain bullets? Inquiring minds want to know if the loaddata folks added any 200-grain or lighter bullets to the Hornady line-up.

Not posting copyrighted material is ok.

Thanks.
--Bob
pitted bore

Next

Return to Reloading for the 450b