.284 win dies for F/L resizing?

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

.284 win dies for F/L resizing?

Postby 450whisper » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:48 am

Hi folks, I'm in Australia and having some delays/troubles sourcing 450BM reloading dies here. I'm shooting a Bolt gun and have been using a custom die I had made years ago for another wildcat to size the neck with perfect results.
What I'm wondering is will .284 win dies full length resize the body of my 450 cases adequately to work in a bolt gun. I've searched this page extensively but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. I can get Lee .284 dies from Titan reloading in less than 2 weeks but my option for proper 450 dies doesn't have an actual delivery time yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Brett
450whisper

Re: .284 win dies for F/L resizing?

Postby Hoot » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:22 am

450whisper wrote:Hi folks, I'm in Australia and having some delays/troubles sourcing 450BM reloading dies here. I'm shooting a Bolt gun and have been using a custom die I had made years ago for another wildcat to size the neck with perfect results.
What I'm wondering is will .284 win dies full length resize the body of my 450 cases adequately to work in a bolt gun. I've searched this page extensively but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. I can get Lee .284 dies from Titan reloading in less than 2 weeks but my option for proper 450 dies doesn't have an actual delivery time yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Brett

Brett, a FL .284 Win will work according to the SAAMI dimensions.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to Reloading for the 450b