Midway factory seconds

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Midway factory seconds

Postby Bmt85 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:15 am

Midway has 225 ftx seconds $22.04 for 100'
They also have what I'm guessing are Hornady 230gr FMJ for $14.90 per 100
Bmt85

Re: Midway factory seconds

Postby Hoot » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:32 am

Glad to see they read what I sent them when those first got posted. I didn't bother announcing it here because they were priced the same as the new Hornady bullets that Midway also sells. My guess would also be that they were tipped off when no one in their right mind was buying factory second bullets at the same price as new. Sheesh! There may be some good intel here also. If no one buys the stuff, Midway has a second look at their pricing scheme and makes adjustments.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Rklenke » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:45 am

I have seen Midway post seconds at normal pricing, then drop to "seconds" pricing a week or so later.
Rklenke

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:13 am

I saw some of those prices tonight and was wondering why they didn’t look that appealing. But I was really tempted on the 6.5 mm offerings. Fortunately I passed.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:48 am

Looks like lowering the cost of those 225 grainers to a more appropriate price did the trick. They're sold out.

I can't say that I appreciate Midway pricing on factory seconds that has been going on this year. Kind of a "Fools Rush In" approach. If they don't like the hit that their retail sales take from seconds, then stop selling seconds. Don't play games with us. :roll:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby plant_one » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:26 am

Hoot wrote:Looks like lowering the cost of those 225 grainers to a more appropriate price did the trick. They're sold out.

there were only 27 in stock when i ordered mine. no shock they went quick at that price.

also snagged up some 75gr hpbts at 14 cents each, which was hard to pass up with as much as my WOA barrel likes them. gotta love being able to shoot match grade reloads for the price of factory craptastic FMJ's :mrgreen:
plant_one

Return to Reloading for the 450b