oops, i slipped

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

oops, i slipped

Postby plant_one » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:25 am

and somehow these just fell out of the press :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

225 ftx blems over 38.0 lil gun & rem 7½'s

just for reference - the PTX 45 insert for the hornady powder thrower works AMAZING for running progressive without needing an extra spot for the hornady expander in your setup. 8-)

the boxes the 225 blems ship in will hold just over 50 loaded rounds. (for reference purposes only! do not try this at home :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
plant_one

Re: oops, i slipped

Postby Hoot » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:11 am

Lotta fun there waiting to be had!
For reference, I seat the cannelure a little bit deeper, so that you can barely see it peeking out of the mouth. Not a big deal as long as you're catching some of it with the crimp. Did you test a handful at the beginning of the process, say numbers 5-10, to make sure the crimp diameter was the same after everything got running?

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: oops, i slipped

Postby plant_one » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:57 am

yup. i always OCD my first dozen or so, once i'm comfy everything is running its pull the handle and try to not run out of powder in the hopper time. i sampled about 10 randoms out of the bin when i was done too.

these brass were a little shorter, but the COAL was on to my data so i dont mind the cannelure being out just a smidge. i had left the dies alone from my last run of them when me and kevlarr were testing.

one of these days i need to order one of those gauges from Tony - i boneheaded and forgot to add it to the cart when i ordered my bolt. its nice to be able to plunk test random loads along the way.
plant_one

Return to Reloading for the 450b