.460 S&W dies

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: .460 S&W dies

Postby meistermash » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:22 pm

Hoot, I like to wet tumble my brass until it shines. Thanks for the info on the H dies. I prefer their seating die, lyman type m expander usually, and about any ones size die.
Thanks for the info on the seating dies Jim. Maybe I got a wiff of that someplace and figured the whole die set would work, not sure.
Earl, that's ok. I actually cast sometimes and that's the reason I know what the size is, because I goofed and bought a 458 size mold for my 460 once. I still squeezed them down but haven't tried them.

The Lee crimp die that you all are modifying, is that the one in the 450b set Lee sells or no?
meistermash

Postby Hoot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:23 pm

meistermash wrote:...snip...
The Lee crimp die that you all are modifying, is that the one in the 450b set Lee sells or no?

When we first started modding to make a stab crimp die, we used the Lee .45-70 Factory Crimp die. Some members are modding the Lee 460 S&W Factory Crimp die the same way. and recently, Lee has come out with one for the 450b, but I have not tried modding one to convert it for stab crimping. Perhaps some member has and will wade in.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby meistermash » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Thank you for the good info sir's. I'll suspect more when my brass and dies show. ;)
meistermash

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b