NEW Lee 4 Die Set for 450B!!

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Re: NEW Lee 4 Die Set for 450B!!

Postby powerhead357mag » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:42 pm

I had a Lee fcd. Didn't do much for me. As for makeing a stab crimp die I ground down the sleeve on a 460sw Lee fcd and had amazing results. Here's an exaggerated crimp I did to show how and where it crimps

powerhead357mag

Postby CJP1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:16 pm

I thought that the Hornady dies price was a little steep so held off on buying them. When I saw the Lee dies at Titan I bought them only to realize that they are their Pacesetter dies and have a steel resizing die. Was kind of a letdown to me as I really didn't want to add extra steps to loading routine. I loaded two batches for chronoing on two different days with these dies. I was having canted bullets and ignition problems so I bit the bullet (no pun intended) and bought the Hornady dies. No more canted bullets in my loaded rounds as the alignment sleeve works great. Now what to do with the Lee dies?
CJP1

Postby MOOSE EARS » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:24 pm

You either love Lee dies or loathe them. I learned my lesson with Lee dies and have nothing but Hornady currently in use. But someone will buy your dies gladly. Lee lovers are out there, obviously.
MOOSE EARS

Previous

Return to Reloading for the 450b