Sub 16" barrels velocities

Talk about your 450b reloading experience, ask questions, etc...

Moderator: MudBug

Forum rules
Please try and keep it safe!

This information is the responsibility of the community, not the forum. 450bushmaster.net is not responsible if you blow yourselves up.

Sub 16" barrels velocities

Postby Glorfindel » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi, new posting member here. I joined specifically to ask a question I have not been able to answer through much googling:

Does anyone know where I can find information on muzzle velocities, either factory or handloads, for 450 BM in barrels shorter than 16"?

Edited by Hoot to stress the caliber he is interested in. Read: Not 223, not 308, etc.
BTW, Welcome Aboard.
Glorfindel

Re: Sub 16" barrels velocities

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Hi, new posting member here. I joined specifically to ask a question I have not been able to answer through much googling:

Does anyone know where I can find information on muzzle velocities, either factory or handloads, for 450 BM in barrels shorter than 16"?

Edited by Hoot to stress the caliber he is interested in. Read: Not 223, not 308, etc.
BTW, Welcome Aboard.

You might check with Franklin Armory staff or BK GunsNStuff who have built some SBRs and Pistols in the 450 Bushmaster.
Otherwise, you may want to generate your own set of stats if you happen to own a short barrel 450 and a Chrony.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:39 pm

I'll add that although its just a synthetic model of what should happen, I can run the permutations in 1", decrementing increments, in QuickLoad using Lil Gun and the 250 FTX for you. It would just be an indicator or relative change, not a bench confirmed result. I'm at work right now, but can run it when I get home later this evening. (pulling a long shift today)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby plant_one » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:30 am

data down to 13" anyway.

https://matchgrademachine.com/velocity- ... bushmaster

there was another member here recently built a 9½" upper i think and was getting velocity's just under 2000 fps with it with factory ammo

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15412#p53718
plant_one

Return to Reloading for the 450b